The only time I heard the dumbarton fans all game was whenever we had a throwin to take :thumsup2 You made more noise booing irvine than celebrating your goals :shutup

It was more directed, hairline related abuse than booing at Irvine. We might be small in numbers, but our stand to player patter is far more developed than pointing and booing.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're that guy who massively over exaggerates how shite players are who played for you. The competent St Mirren posters have already given us an honest assessment of his time in Paisley.

Oh you don't like what I say so all of a sudden I'm incompetent? Dry yer eyes.

He's crap and forever blaming other players. That is an honest assessment of Carswell's time in Paisley. I wasn't half as scathing of Kyle Hutton as most other St Mirren supporters heck I even had him as man of the match in a game we won. How does that fit in with your wee strop above?

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Oh you don't like what I say so all of a sudden I'm incompetent? Dry yer eyes.

He's crap and forever blaming other players. That is an honest assessment of Carswell's time in Paisley. I wasn't half as scathing of Kyle Hutton as most other St Mirren supporters heck I even had him as man of the match in a game we won. How does that fit in with your wee strop above?

^^^ incompetent 

Carswell's a shitebag because his nose wouldn't stop bleeding and he went off for treatment? You're actually raging that you couldn't shout more abuse at a footballer. :lol:
St Mirren would boo firefighters trying to save a burning nursery.

That would be true had I shouted anything at Carswell.

I actually thought Lang did pretty well when he came on, although maybe I was slightly biased sitting next to his family. Nice folk who were delighted he got on. He did well overall with the exception of trying to be clever and giving a foul away when a ball back to the keeper was the safe option, and St Mirren's second goal where most of the defence disappeared. Looked strong and quick though. He'll improve with game time/experience and be a decent addition to our squad.

Overall a draw was a fair reflection of a game where the heavy pitch made free flowing football impossible. I thought we were ok, nothing decent and fell short of the performances in our games at home to Hibs and QoS, yet on this occasion we take a valuable hard earned point.

As others have said we suffered from losing Carswell who's done well for us so far. When he went off I felt Stanton dropped deeper and we lost that attacking threat.

Another influential contribution from prince Nade. Headered the ball harder than most could kick it for the goal and a cute header in to Thommo for the 2nd. Top boy.

Another game chalked off with the gap being maintained is good enough for me. Another win will see us safe from 10th imo.

I was kind of thinking the same about lang

defenders always judged by mistakes and he could have done better at both goals and then the one when he tried to be a bit too smart.i had heard he was very confident in himself.

once he settled into doing basics .he actually did OK 

Think back to Daniel Harvie's first game - game thread & Sons Sorrow was heavy with comments about how poorly he played, he looked nervous, etc.  Funnily enough, he's managed to keep his place in the team since then.

Give the lad a few games, if he's still doing the same stuff as he did yesterday after then, then by all means focus on his poor points.

I will hold my hands up again

had reservations about nade coming back and made comment about his overall contribution last season being a bit overrated(ask shake hands)

couldnt have got this more wrong. 

Contribution yesterday at both goals was brilliant .

i apologise to all

Chick?

What am I missing here?

On another note, why do clubs bother assigning you a specific seat in games like this? The vast majority of folk just sit where they want, then that causes problems when some folk want into their assigned seat. Doesn't make it easy for the stewards either.

On Carswell, he wasn't the worst for us, and in hindsight we should have kept him. I thought he played well enough yesterday in tough conditions. Even though he went off from his injury doesn't mean he wasn't also wasting time though. It looked like a broken nose, that doesn't effect your ability to walk off the park, as he showed. That's a sympton of modern football though, there probably wasn't a player on the park who wouldnt have done the same.

6 hours ago, christinanade said:

2-2, a fair result on the Swamp at the Rock. Very scrappy with not much in the way of clear goal scoring opportunities for either side. Dumbarton will be happier with the point.

The referee was very inconsistent. Booked storie early on for a nothing tackle then neglected to send him off for a bad tackle near the end of the match. Gary McKenzie had a free kick given against him anytime he went near anyone. The dumbarton keeper was time wasting right from the start, also completely ignored by the referee not to mention all the throw ins taken miles from where they should of been which were ignored until near the end of the game.

Carswell was laughing and making gestures to the saints fans when he was down, that's why he was being booed so much. And probably because we all remember his dismal efforts in a Saints shirt :thumsup2

Nice of you to admit that, at least, 2 of your players should have been sent off. As for the rest of it :-

41uad97jq0L._SL500_SS140_.jpg

12 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

What am I missing here?

On another note, why do clubs bother assigning you a specific seat in games like this? The vast majority of folk just sit where they want, then that causes problems when some folk want into their assigned seat. Doesn't make it easy for the stewards either.

On Carswell, he wasn't the worst for us, and in hindsight we should have kept him. I thought he played well enough yesterday in tough conditions. Even though he went off from his injury doesn't mean he wasn't also wasting time though. It looked like a broken nose, that doesn't effect your ability to walk off the park, as he showed. That's a sympton of modern football though, there probably wasn't a player on the park who wouldnt have done the same.

Well the stewards were enforcing the seating early on, showing everyone to specific seats. That seemed to go out the window as it got busier. Probably doesn't matter for most games, but when it's a game where the section is sold out, it needs to be followed. There were family groups of 5 and 6 coming in to seats they had booked together only to find nowhere they were able to sit together.

Archived