Thought we edged it and bbc stats tend to back his up in what was a scrappy affair in tricky conditions.

for me Stanton was best on park today. Thought he was great.

i know last week comment made about moaning about referees but I thought Beaton was a disgrace .

sons bookings all correct and justified but is their a new rule that says you cannot be booked in first 10 mins as saints should have had a couple early doors and how did storie survive.

would loved to have increased the gap but a point is fair enough and to be honest I didn't see anything that suggest st mirren will find it easy to get themselves out the hole they are in

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

St Mirren fans quite literally boo everything. From injuries to goal kicks to throw ins to free kicks. It's like they speak the international laguage of boo.

Just an angry bunch, booing/ accusing two of our players of time wasting when in fact it led to them being subbed due to injury. Absolutely mental.,

accusing our players of stealing extra yards at throw ins when their player walked the entire length of the away dugout before taking a throw in.

Absolutely mental.

Accusing Alan Martin of time wasting when all he was doing was wait for the referee to blow his whistle.

Absolutely mental.

I could go on, I think the Saintees need to calm down a bit.

Although the game was a little short of quality I thought it a decent contest and enjoyed it.

I was out my seat cheering as soon as Tommo turned his defender, he's been due that goal and I feel his effort merits that goal and his place in the team.

Big Nade but, he's like one chance = one goal. Hope we can keep him going in chances and fitness.

Thought the sts #42 was a shite bag and nailed two of our guys after the ball without even a talking to from the ref, storie should ve been off, clarksons past it, mcginns not that big of an influence but that the sts back four (inc irvine) done ok apart from our goals.

The st mirren shape seemed to stifle our normal style of play; their 4-1-4-1 put players up the park and in our faces.

Thought Danny Harvies clearance was excellent, he seemed to come out of nowhere. I'd like to see the sts first goal again, not sure that Lang dealt with it well. He did look at times like a young guy with very little senior experience, but he's a unit and will learn from days like today.

Overall delighted with the point and the double comeback.

John Beaton is a dirty Bankie b*****d. It's the only explanation. Whoever the wee baldy b*****d was in the middle of the park for the Buddies could've walked at any point in the second half. 

We weren't anywhere near as fluent as we could be and St. Mirren's energy all over the park was worrying me. I don't know why we didn't let Stirling run at Irvine, he has pace to burn. Tom Lang was done for the first goal IMO and the second seems far too easy. Great fighting spirit to get a point though, I hope Barr and Carswell are okay as we can't afford to lose anyone at this stage.

Important not to lose today and big Nade pops up with a goal and an assist to ensure that. He clearly loves scoring for the Sons and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Long may it continue.

Yup in those circumstances I'm more than happy with a point. Barr going off was a blow, and Lang was all over the shop at first but, gradually, he settled down. You can see he's played development football all his days as there were a few times when he overplayed it at the back. That'll change with experience though, and I like his extremely aggressive attitude. 

I think Carswell going off really scuppered us in the second half just as we started to look impressive. Him and Sparky are so important to the way we play and, whilst not noticeable, he's just so effective. 

The pitch ruined any chance of a decent passing game, but as low on quality as it was it was pretty dramatic and exciting. Felt St Mirren were very physical in their approach, certainly Storie was extremely lucky not to get a red - as was MacKenzie. Storie committed 3 bookable challenges after his early booking, but Beaton soiled himself every time he should've given him a red. Whilst Mackenzie's borederline red yellow for the crazy challenge on Stanton came just minutes after a cynical stick on yellow. I don't know if it was the conditions playing a part, but I can see you picking up a few suspensions between now and the season's end with a more competent referee.

Lovely thumping header from the Prince for the first equaliser, and a very decent finish from Berba for the second. He was stupidly frustrating today again, but popped up with a bit of all too scarcely seen quality in front of goal at a crucial time. Hopefully he kicks on...but I've said that before.

Was #42 Magennis? I can't remember. He struggled badly, and was lucky not to find himself in the trouble with Beaton a few times for wee swipes and the like off the ball. Thought Cammy Smith played very well mind you, lovely run for Clarkson's goal. He's got that wee bit of magic that teams down here need.

Also David Clarkson is beginning to look more and more like Jeremy Clarkson. Horrible hairline, big bloated massive features and a moany face. Poor guy.

Not often I find myself saying this, but I don't think the standside linesman got a single decision wrong. A refreshing change. As for Beaton, a wee bit of consistency would not go amiss. I know Thomson gets plenty of stick, but he put in a lot of good work in the second half. Last week at Kirkcaldy he ran himself into the ground. Took his goal very well too today. As for Nade three starts, three goals.

8 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

I'm always hesitant to predict my own team's results, particularly if I think we're in for a win. Egg on the face is never fun.

I can only see a saints win here, though. You've added much-needed quality across the team and Dumbarton - barring a few very impressive results - are a much weaker side.

You don't have to become world-beaters, you just have to be better than Ayr by 7, who play the league leaders today.

You'll be 4 points off 9th by 4:45 today.

586550ec8c97e_tmp_11421-giphy(2)-2044289137.gif.b766af0282bb41cbd1474fcacdb24cd5.gif

Mixed feelings about today. Delighted that we fought back when behind, but annoyed that we lost those goals in the first place.

Carswell and Barr were huge losses, and young Lang showed all the enthusiasm of a young player, which he will learn from and get much better. Stirling was good again, but I think the heavy pitch made it difficult for him. Harvie was good, Nade was Nade and who allowed Thomson to score a cracker? That wasn't in the script.

Results elsewhere went our way so welcome Raith Rovers to the exciting end of the league - the relegation battle end.

The ref was a completely inconsistent p***k. Had his card out before his whistle on two Sons players' fouls. 

As Boghead Ranter says, one less game for those below us to gain anything on us. Pleasing.

Pretty shite game in all honesty. Didn't merit a 2-2 score line. The draw was a fair result. I thought Saints tried to win it where as The Sons set their stall out pretty early on to frustrate us and would settle for a point which they deserved.

The pitch wasn't concussive to free flowing football but that wasn't really a concern to 2 direct teams.

Baffling decision by JR to start Clarkson, who goal aside was pretty rank.

I thought done well to react to go 2-1 up but it was clear as day we needed a third to finish Dumbarton off, which of course didn't happen.

Not often I find myself saying this, but I don't think the standside linesman got a single decision wrong. A refreshing change. As for Beaton, a wee bit of consistency would not go amiss. I know Thomson gets plenty of stick, but he put in a lot of good work in the second half. Last week at Kirkcaldy he ran himself into the ground. Took his goal very well too today. As for Nade three starts, three goals.

Thought the nearside lino was one of the best we've had this season, although he did flag thommo offside in the second half when he looked to be on.

Dunno how you can really complain about the ref. Storie could have seen a second yellow, but his booking was unlucky, definite foul, but looked like an accident. Dumbarton's three yellow cards were all for professional fouls.

As for the result, it was fair. Neither team did enough to win the game but it's frustrating to surrender a lead twice.

The pitch was atrocious and it showed. Apart from a wee passing spell by Dumbarton towards the end of the first half there was no football on display.

Today was the first day I've ever noticed the slope on that pitch. How was that allowed to happen on a new build stadium?

4 minutes ago, albundy said:

Thought the nearside lino was one of the best we've had this season, although he did flag thommo offside in the second half when he looked to be on.

I think I know the one you're referring to you, but I'm pretty sure he got that one right too. Looked a yard off when the ball was played.

16 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Mixed feelings about today. Delighted that we fought back when behind, but annoyed that we lost those goals in the first place.

Carswell and Barr were huge losses, and young Lang showed all the enthusiasm of a young player, which he will learn from and get much better. Stirling was good again, but I think the heavy pitch made it difficult for him. Harvie was good, Nade was Nade and who allowed Thomson to score a cracker? That wasn't in the script.

Results elsewhere went our way so welcome Raith Rovers to the exciting end of the league - the relegation battle end.

The ref was a completely inconsistent p***k. Had his card out before his whistle on two Sons players' fouls. 

As Boghead Ranter says, one less game for those below us to gain anything on us. Pleasing.

I thought each one of our bookings was merited, but Storie led a charmed life.

Archived