Queen of the South v Morton

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those goals are actually better than I remembered. Mercer's touch and drive for the first was absolutely excellent. Thomas's cross was literally inch perfect; any less and the defender gets a touch on it. Jacobs' strike was excellent and tbf to Gaston it did a helluva moving in the air. Thomson ran from his own box. To have that energy in the last minute and enough to put the ball past the 'keeper is incredible.

Three great goals. Good to see some quality after the dross we've had to suffer at times this season.

On 06/02/2017 at 18:50, JessieField said:

Glasgow Morton have always had an over-inflated opinion of themselves.

How long have you kept that one up your sleeve? An absolute belter!

:unsure2:

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Those goals are actually better than I remembered. Mercer's touch and drive for the first was absolutely excellent. Thomas's cross was literally inch perfect; any less and the defender gets a touch on it. Jacobs' strike was excellent and tbf to Gaston it did a helluva moving in the air. Thomson ran from his own box. To have that energy in the last minute and enough to put the ball past the 'keeper is incredible.

Three great goals. Good to see some quality after the dross we've had to suffer at times this season.

They were good goals, but I still think that Gaston is quite badly at fault for Jacobs' one.

It's not an absolute pile driver.  It actually loops into the air a bit and for a tall enough goalkeeper, shouldn't have proved that hard to deal with, given how central it was.

He has a swipe at it though and ends up pushing it in off the bar.  Not as far out, but perhaps a little reminiscent of a certain McFadden goal in Paris.

On 2/6/2017 at 17:23, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Make up your mind, is it bumpkin team or bumpkin fans?

Well, both of course. Bumpkin club has bumpkin fans. Fairly straightforward stuff tbh,    

Anyway I'm having a hard time working out which feature is more tragic in retrospect: the goals package that stresses how the home side DOMINATED AND CONVINCINGLY won - when you have to tell yourself that, you're fooling no-one else - or the simple fact that by effortlessly winning their game in hand with a second-string this evening, The Famous rendered meaningless the Borders' Bumpkins laughable celebrations. They have just as much of a chance - that is to say, zero chance - of catching The Famous or any other play-off outfit now as they had on Saturday morning. That's a wee shame. 

Enjoy the utter futility of the rest of your season then. 

article-2581116-1C4BED7800000578-726_634x579.jpg

42 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

There is absolutely no chance that Joe Thomson will be in this league next season. What a player he looks.

At this level at least, it is refreshing for a centre mid that plays with a lot of energy on top of quality instead of the previous generation of players who tried to model their game on Barry Ferguson and instead became sideways passing losers. Can he step up or not, it's hard to say considering Dom Thomas can't get a run in the Motherwell team but I think if he ends up in a good situation he could definitely contribute.

After the year and a half with utter, utter dross in the middle, I'm cherishing this midfield while it lasts, it is just so good to have a couple of players in Thomas and Thomson (A good solicitors name)  that are so fresh and exciting, whilst I remain very doubtful of our chances for a playoff spot, hopefully we can at least push the other sides all the way and be entertaining whilst doing so. 

...the goals package that stresses how the home side DOMINATED AND CONVINCINGLY won - when you have to tell yourself that, you're fooling no-one else...

I suppose being a Morton fan, those Facts pointed out in our highlights package are indeed "tragic" for you.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1486512202.108295.jpg

Dominated possession and had far far more attempts. Did Morton actually test Robinson via open play? I'd say "DOMINATED" and "CONVINCINGLY won" are exactly the correct way of describing our performance.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Well, both of course. Bumpkin club has bumpkin fans. Fairly straightforward stuff tbh,    

Anyway I'm having a hard time working out which feature is more tragic in retrospect: the goals package that stresses how the home side DOMINATED AND CONVINCINGLY won - when you have to tell yourself that, you're fooling no-one else - or the simple fact that by effortlessly winning their game in hand with a second-string this evening, The Famous rendered meaningless the Borders' Bumpkins laughable celebrations. They have just as much of a chance - that is to say, zero chance - of catching The Famous or any other play-off outfit now as they had on Saturday morning. That's a wee shame. 

Trying too hard to appear unconcerned. 2/10

Although I assume the footage was taken by QOSTV the video is from the SPFL YouTube channel.  So presumably it is them that decided we DOMINATED and CONVINCINGLY won, rather than the club.  You could argue the first point, but I don't think the second is up for debate.  I know it's not 5-0, but 3-0 is still a convincing win.

For what it's worth our official match report describes it as "well deserved" - http://www.qosfc.com/match-1464 

Thanks for playing though,

10 hours ago, vikingTON said:

chestnut-horse-autumn_1000.jpg

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Although I assume the footage was taken by QOSTV the video is from the SPFL YouTube channel.  So presumably it is them that decided we DOMINATED and CONVINCINGLY won, rather than the club.  You could argue the first point, but I don't think the second is up for debate.  I know it's not 5-0, but 3-0 is still a convincing win.

For what it's worth our official match report describes it as "well deserved" - http://www.qosfc.com/match-1464 

Thanks for playing though,

This. Its not even our goals package. Minter

Archived