The Gala Fairydean Rovers thread 2016/17

Soor Plooms

In order to save this forum from the scandalous accusation that  it was becoming  boring, ;) I thought I’d start a discussion thread on Gala Fairydean Rovers. At the beginning of December we lost 10-1 at home to East Stirlingshire and were being touted as one of the teams who would be dragged into the relegation dog-fight. Today’s hard-fought win over Preston Athletic see’s us moving up to 8th following our 4th win in the 6 games following that heavy defeat and are now 16 points clear of bottom spot. The one defeat we suffered during this time came in sensational circumstances at Whitehill where we looked to have secured the points before a spectacular late collapse. Whilst we have struggled to find a settled back line and have conceded a large number of goals we are also the league’s 4th top scorers following today’s win. Like every team in this league we have struggled when key players have been injured or suspended but seem to have rediscovered our promising early season form again. Credit to the manager and players for their response in recent weeks and we now face 2 home games against teams above us in the league with the confidence of a team trying to climb the table rather than constantly looking over our shoulders.

1 hour ago, Soor Plooms said:

In order to save this forum from the scandalous accusation it was become boring, ;) I thought I’d start a discussion thread on Gala Fairydean Rovers. At the beginning of December we lost 10-1 at home to East Stirlingshire and were being touted as one of the teams who would be dragged into the relegation dog-fight. Today’s hard-fought win over Preston Athletic see’s us moving up to 8th following our 4th win in the 6 games following that heavy defeat and are now 16 points clear of bottom spot. The one defeat we suffered during this time came in sensational circumstances at Whitehill where we looked to have secured the points before a spectacular late collapse. Whilst we have struggled to find a settled back line and have conceded a large number of goals we are also the league’s 4th top scorers following today’s win. Like every team in this league we have struggled when key players have been injured or suspended but seem to have rediscovered our promising early season form again. Credit to the manager and players for their response in recent weeks and we now face 2 home games against teams above us in the league with the confidence of a team trying to climb the table rather than constantly looking over our shoulders.

Yer 1st sentence sums it up bud. 

You'll be arguing with yersel regarding GFR. 

WW will have 4 or 5 inputs though used to be lot more than that until outed as same poster :D

Grim will wind up a few Spartanians and be loyal as ever until the Spartanians want Douglas booted after a shock defeat. 

EK will continue the videos and strive forward with biased reports. 

Gretna posters have disappeared and Dalbeattie started a topic all things Star yet might even be on the 3rd or 4th  page by now. :D

Apologies if I've missed oot anyone but the Shire fans are keeping this forum alive to be honest  :o 

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yer 1st sentence sums it up bud. 

You'll be arguing with yersel regarding GFR. 

WW will have 4 or 5 inputs though used to be lot more than that until outed as same poster :D

Grim will wind up a few Spartanians and be loyal as ever until the Spartanians want Douglas booted after a shock defeat. 

EK will continue the videos and strive forward with biased reports. 

Gretna posters have disappeared and Dalbeattie started a topic all things Star yet might even be on the 3rd or 4th  page by now. :D

Apologies if I've missed oot anyone but the Shire fans are keeping this forum alive to be honest  :o 

Pretty much sums it up Newky. 

Better off doing the hoovering. 

4 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Stoor only gets, so thick, so no need to Hoover too often, except where pints are involved.

Thick stoor ... you've got me thinking of the Spartans trophy cabinet. 

Archived