Arthurlie v Pollok

Gaz1888

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Tony,Murdie and the Lok.

Crucial result in a game which could have gone anywhere-this league is a crazy survival battle and Lok just need the points to stay in it so today was another 3 albeit sweetened by a win over our local rivals.

No song and dance here mate apart from when we scored 6 goals today and if you openly post on the scores today thread that you missed the goals thats how i found out , yes it hurt last week as does evey defeat but un like you when we beat you last year in the cup we will get over it and carry on . #MTLN

Got over it & carried on a long time ago amigo [emoji106][emoji106]#COTB

Can't help but feel embarrassed with that yesterday. Really expected Arthurlie to get something. Chris will need to curb it a bit. Not the way a manager should conduct himself. Still the best league season Arthurlie have had for a few years.

11 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Watched the highlights of that game and can't quite work out what the penalty resulted in a straight red card. Some good goals mind you.

Can see the referee indicating it was for a pull, it's only a yellow card if the player makes a genuine attempt to win the ball ie a tackle or a goalkeeper diving at the feet trying to play the ball etc.  

Pushing & pulling that stops obvious goals/opportunities are still red cards as in previous years. 

I agree it was embarrassing.  If we had kept our discipline we would have taken something from the game..   I also agree about Mackies behaviour. Gaz keeps going on about McInallys behaviour but fails to speak out about our own guy.  Im all for passion in the game but threatening supporters is shocking.  The committee need to have a word with the big guy.  

The game itself could have been a chance for us to put a fair distance between ourselves and Pollok and we may have done that if we hadnt shot ourselves in the foot again. 

48 minutes ago, SJ1210 said:

Can see the referee indicating it was for a pull, it's only a yellow card if the player makes a genuine attempt to win the ball ie a tackle or a goalkeeper diving at the feet trying to play the ball etc.  

Pushing & pulling that stops obvious goals/opportunities are still red cards as in previous years. 

This. Sent the clip to a friend who does refereeing in the north region, and has nothing to do with Pollok. Says the referee got it spot on. 

SJ1210 I don't think it would have been a red last season either. Yes it's a pull, foul and therefore penalty but it doesn't prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity as there were other defenders around him. That's why I don't think a red was justified.

On 28 January 2017 at 19:04, Gaz1888 said:

Stonewall penalty in 2nd half at dressing room end of ground ref gave a free kick.  Yes that's correct that's what I'm talking about.

Full highlights are on YouTube. Contact clearly outside the box and the players fall took him inside. Penalty, no. Free kick and booking the correct decision. 

Archived