Robert Snodgrass

King Kebab

He is going to get an award for Scotlands player of the season , I assume based on his hat trick against Malta, not starting lately for West Ham won't make any difference to his Scotland place of course

It probably will. I don't expect him to start against England.

• 3 weeks later...
he has been awful since leaving Hull, he should not play ahead of likes of Armstrong, need to play the players in form.

I'd play them both tbh. It wouldn't be inconceivable to Snodgrass to have a good game given the occasion, and he has the experience (effective experience, unlike Forrest etc). McFadden often did that - playing poorly for his club and for a few caps for Scotland then turning in a match winning performance.

I'd play them both tbh. It wouldn't be inconceivable to Snodgrass to have a good game given the occasion, and he has the experience (effective experience, unlike Forrest etc). McFadden often did that - playing poorly for his club and for a few caps for Scotland then turning in a match winning performance.

Yeah I would start Snodgrass very creative and a real danger at set pieces. my only issue with him as I think he has looked out of shape the last few Scotland games and that was when he was playing regularly for hull!!! Prob would start with him and look for a good 65 to 70 mins from him

Guest DAVIDB69

Yeah I would start Snodgrass very creative and a real danger at set pieces. my only issue with him as I think he has looked out of shape the last few Scotland games and that was when he was playing regularly for hull!!! Prob would start with him and look for a good 65 to 70 mins from him

Being out of shape is not usually a barrier to getting a game for scotland

Pretty poor since joining West Ham in January, however the rumour that did the rounds at the time, was that he was signed in order to be used as a make weight in a deal for Dembele from Celtic. 

Doesn't really fit into the style of play that Bilic likes, so no real surprise to see him dropped from the starting eleven. Quite common knowledge that David Sullivan oversees the transfer regime at West Ham.

Guest DAVIDB69
Pretty poor since joining West Ham in January, however the rumour that did the rounds at the time, was that he was signed in order to be used as a make weight in a deal for Dembele from Celtic. 
Doesn't really fit into the style of play that Bilic likes, so no real surprise to see him dropped from the starting eleven. Quite common knowledge that David Sullivan oversees the transfer regime at West Ham.

So he will be out the door either on loan or permantly in august

• 2 months later...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40968378?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Looks like Bilic has no interest at all in playing him. Just never made the grade at West Ham.

He needs to get out before the end of August. Save him from rotting away in the reserves to January. Would like to see him back at Hull or another top end championship club.

11 hours ago, Lex said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40968378?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Looks like Bilic has no interest at all in playing him. Just never made the grade at West Ham.

He needs to get out before the end of August. Save him from rotting away in the reserves to January. Would like to see him back at Hull or another top end championship club.

Obviously going to Villa, probably on loan.

Classic Steve Bruce signing.

• 10 months later...

So any idea what's happening with Snodaldinho???

As I understand it he's still a West Ham player, so is he back there showing Pellegrini what he has or is he trying to make his stay at Villa permanent???

Don't think he's getting the No.7 shirt back if he stays at West Ham!!!

IMG_3820.thumb.jpg.7f02b4e8c980cbd090d2f53357ea24ea.jpg

By all accounts Pellegrini seems quite impressed with him. Not taken in anyone else that replaces him as such, and with Lanzini out for the season I can't see him being let go yet.  First pre-season game is this Saturday. 

The obvious issue is the fact Sullivan came out with his shitey remarks about Snodgrass and Fonte, so he may well be looking to move. 

• 3 weeks later...
The Scottish winger, who spent the season on loan at Aston Villa in 2017/18, has played 210 minutes under Pellegrini in pre-season so far to the surprise of many, completing 90 minutes against Preston on Saturday.

Snodgrass was one of the favourites to be sold this summer but has impressed Pellegrini in training and as a result, has played the most minutes of nearly any outfield player so far in the three friendlies.

The winger was for sale at the start of the summer but the club have received no enquiries for his services so far. While Snodgrass hasn't been outstanding in the friendlies so far, he's not been bad either and seemingly wants to make up for lost time. Once Felipe Anderson gets up to speed though, we'll see how many minutes the Scotsman will get.

Pellegrini obviously likes him enough but going by some of the West Ham fans comments after the Preston game he's going to have to go some to win them over!!!  

But then again most of them are c***s so f**k them and go yoursel' Snoddy!!!