Robert Snodgrass

King Kebab

45 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

As I thought would happen West Ham fans don't think he is good enough for their team and have thought his performances not good enough.

Doesn't make it right but the further you go up the league scottish players do tend to come in for criticism much quicker

And as you thought would happen he's struggled to break into their starting lineup. Oh, no, wait...

Until he delivers against a big team for scotland and not against malta then the jury is still out on him for me,  personally I think he's stealing a place in the team right now. Fraser deserves his chance simple as that, look what taking a chance on these youngsters can do. We looked a million miles better, energetic silky at times but full of desire. Naismith brown and snoddy were for me  off the pace no coincidence there well into their 30s. 

Edited by kenny131

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If only we had a player with Snodgrass's technique and James Forrest's pace, we'd be laughing.

Some players at club level perform when they are a big fish in a small pond, just the way it is I'm afraid. Takes a while to bed into a team too.

Isn't Ryan Fraser the Forrest/Snoddy hybrid?

Standing up for Snodgrass, it's worth pointing out that guys like McFadden had plenty of pishy games for us too. It's a bit unrealistic to expect any player to play a blinder in every cap.

If he plays he has to play on the right where he can cut into dangerous areas. When he's on the left he can't really affect the game because he has no pace, so all he can do is hit crosses in from 30 yards out to our one striker.

I don't really like him as a player, never been sold on him. Certainly wouldn't be starting him at the moment.

Until he delivers against a big team for scotland and not against malta then the jury is still out on him for me,  personally I think he's stealing a place in the team right now. Fraser deserves his chance simple as that, look what taking a chance on these youngsters can do. We looked a million miles better, energetic silky at times but full of desire. Naismith brown and snoddy were for me  off the pace no coincidence there well into their 30s. 

Naismith turned 30 in September.

Snodgrass has been a disappointment since the Malta match. Not the worst but certainly not as good as he could/should have been.

I don't think he's a bad player, but playing someone like him on the left isn't the right decision.  He wasn't making the right runs on Sunday and almost seemed to be getting in the way when Robertson was rampaging forward.  I'm sure I saw the latter having a go at him at one point too.  He needs to play more centrally if he's going to play at all.

If he plays he has to play on the right where he can cut into dangerous areas. When he's on the left he can't really affect the game because he has no pace, so all he can do is hit crosses in from 30 yards out to our one striker.
I don't really like him as a player, never been sold on him. Certainly wouldn't be starting him at the moment.

He couldn't play on the right last Sunday, to be fair. Him and Tierney would've just cut in all match, and if we are to continue with Tierney at RB (I hope we do), then we need a direct player like Matt Phillips, or dare I say Forrest, on the right.

9 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Like Marko said he created quite a few chances. Especially the one that was an open goal. That goes in and we wouldn't be talking about Snodgrass being at whatever level people think he is/should be at

When your taking most free kicks corners and being asked to create it's no use winging 30yard baws. Maybe he is not being deployed properly going by some views from the game, as he was red hot at Hull 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDB69

He is going to get an award for Scotlands player of the season , I assume based on his hat trick against Malta, not starting lately for West Ham won't make any difference to his Scotland place of course