Robert Snodgrass

King Kebab

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I genuinely can’t remember the last time a player announced their retirement from internationals where my reaction wasn’t: 

steve coogan shrug GIF

My reaction too. I see it as an ego thing as much as anything. Get a pat on the back, and a thank you, then they focus on their club before they get dropped from the national team for younger players and lose their place in their club as they begin to pick up niggling injuries.

Apparently it was a bit of a huff, according to today’s papers, found out he wasn’t playing on the Saturday before the game and left, think the calling up of a replacement at such short notice was more Clarke showing that he wasn’t irreplaceable!!!

I will never understand retiring from international football but I guess its just not the honour and privilege and honour like it once was.

He is only 32, despite how depressingly awful we have been this year we still have the best ever chance to qualify for a tournament we are ever going to get. If we manage to do it, I hope we don't see all these fannys coming out of retirement, they should be told to GTF 

Don't really care how this has come about to be honest, whether it's falling out or not I don't care, good luck to Snodgrass. But, he should never have been in the squad for these games - even if he hadn't retired now he was never going to be involved past 2020, yet we call him up and start him for a complete dead rubber.

Don't really care how this has come about to be honest, whether it's falling out or not I don't care, good luck to Snodgrass. But, he should never have been in the squad for these games - even if he hadn't retired now he was never going to be involved past 2020, yet we call him up and start him for a complete dead rubber.

Why does it matter if he was never going to be involved past 2020? Our most important matches for over a decade take place in less than 6 months time. What we need is the best players for those games.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Why does it matter if he was never going to be involved past 2020? Our most important matches for over a decade take place in less than 6 months time. What we need is the best players for those games.

Older guys like Snodgrass have already completed campaign after campaign of failure, all I'm suggesting is we look to the future in games that mean absolutely f**k all like those Russia and San Marino ones.

We played Snodgrass, he was shite, he appears to have taken the huff and retired. A great week for the squad building towards the most important games in our last decade.

56 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

And you think he's one of our best players? He's been pish for a while. 

Good luck to him and that but he's not irreplaceable 

On 15/10/2019 at 12:51, BingMcCrosby said:

I'd guess at huff, he's just come back in so it has to be a negative reaction to not being selected again.

Which is strange, why wouldn't he have waited till after the play offs? Maybe he could have finished his international career at a major tournament!

I'm not often wrong, but I'm right again

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4840806/robert-snodgrass-quit-scotland-san-marino/amp/