Games off

CCC loyal

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"In the opinion of the referee" what do you not get! His opinion is pitch isn't playable, doesn't matter what photos, players or coaches or referee supervisors think!

I'm afraid it wasn't as simple as that. The referee could only find one small area of the pitch that was a problem, but he was unwilling to let us deal with that area and get it playable, which would have taken 5 minutes as we had a team of committee guys there ready to do it immediately. There was still an hour to go till kick off, and the rain had just about stopped.

The referee wasn't willing to let the club even try to sort the small area, and remarkably he and his assistant left the ground again before the other assistant had even arrived.

Sounds simple enough, the referee obviously didn't think any work on the pitch would improve the playing surface. I can see the scenario, referee allows work to be completed and still calls game off and everybody goes off in a graceful manner. Your clutching at straws moaning on here about it, it's the referees decision. You should have got a morning inspection and saved yourselves 400 quid.

And remarkably leaving before the other assistant arrived. The other assistant was obviously late given the other two were there an hour before and carried out in your opinion an half hearted pitch inspection

Sounds simple enough, the referee obviously didn't think any work on the pitch would improve the playing surface. I can see the scenario, referee allows work to be completed and still calls game off and everybody goes off in a graceful manner. Your clutching at straws moaning on here about it, it's the referees decision. You should have got a morning inspection and saved yourselves 400 quid.
And remarkably leaving before the other assistant arrived. The other assistant was obviously late given the other two were there an hour before and carried out in your opinion an half hearted pitch inspection

There was no need for a morning inspection, the pitch was perfect when I left at 10.30am.

As I said earlier, you can ask anybody who was there, including at least 8 Irvine Meadow players, who all couldn't believe what the referee was saying either.

Archived