Stenhousemuir v airdrieonians

46 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Stewart was right back and had his worst game in a long time. Cook had him on toast. Conroy did ok at left back, but we missed him in midfield. Mensing was solid enough, for once we didn't concede from defensive mistakes. Their first was a fluke, Cook had too much space for the second but managed to get it through a crowd which unsighted the keeper. 3 and 4 were decent breakaways.

Thanks for the feedback ElGringo. Not quite up to the standard of the balanced, reasoned, well constructed and gentle posts on the Stomp but appreciated nevertheless!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson does not have a clue! Conroy, midfielder - playing in defence. Mackintosh, defender - playing in midfield. What was that about? Am I missing something?

And again, a pointless sub with 5 mins to go after we go 3-2 down having tried to hold out for the draw. Abysmal! Full-time team? 

Where are you now Mr Wetherspoon? The silence is deafening. 

39 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Wilson does not have a clue! Conroy, midfielder - playing in defence. Mackintosh, defender - playing in midfield. What was that about? Am I missing something?

And again, a pointless sub with 5 mins to go after we go 3-2 down having tried to hold out for the draw. Abysmal! Full-time team? 

Where are you now Mr Wetherspoon? The silence is deafening. 

I wouldn't have played him there but Conroy played the first part of his career as a left back. Presume that was Wilsons thinking.

Not that I'm defending him. He's doing a great impression of a rabbit in the headlights these days. 

Stenny were better ,faster, more determined, and far better prepared for this game than our lads were.

We show no composure, no shape, no idea how to play as a team, and no proper attitude to the task in hand

in other words the so called full time training is in the hands of so called coaches who have absolutely no clue.

It's no use talking about how poor the players are they are being poorly led. poorly organised and poorly supported

by those in charge at the Craig we need a proper management team now not tuppence ha'penny pundits.

In saying that, I think we can only look to next season,as this one I lost in terms of any kind of success.

Bring in the young 'uns!!, So Sad! So Avoidable!!

1 minute ago, Wise old Elf said:

Stenny were better ,faster, more determined, and far better prepared for this game than our lads were.

We show no composure, no shape, no idea how to play as a team, and no proper attitude to the task in hand

in other words the so called full time training is in the hands of so called coaches who have absolutely no clue.

It's no use talking about how poor the players are they are being poorly led. poorly organised and poorly supported

by those in charge at the Craig we need a proper management team now not tuppence ha'penny pundits.

In saying that, I think we can only look to next season,as this one I lost in terms of any kind of success.

Bring in the young 'uns!!, So Sad! So Avoidable!!

Largely agree . It was just typical that as Ryan was stopped by their goalie from getting a 2-1 lead when we had hardly deserved the 1-1 at half time that they would counter attack, Scott Stewart would leave Alan Cook with loads of time and then space to thump yet another goal against us. I wondered mind you if that would have just annoyed Stenny and the end result would have been the same. As many Stenny fans have said quite rightly they were the better team from start to finish; they must wish they could play us every week by which time maybe Wilson would figure out how to match up against them. We had a great win at Peterhead but given that they have acquired some extra players it could be another Saturday to fear. I don't know what young ones to bring in as MW sent two of them back to Cumbernauld!  Conor McLaughlin has hardly featured since MW came in, a bit like the Radio pundit masquerading as a DOF. Why did Alan Cook  not shoot when under our tender care?

42 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Scott had a mare.  Repeatedly gave Cook too much space.

I'm wondering how fit Stewart actually was.    Doesn't seem 100%

He's not fully fit. Cook got too much space because nobody was dropping in behind Stewart when he was pulled out of position to close him down. This left Stewart trying to cover two men.

17 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

He's not fully fit. Cook got too much space because nobody was dropping in behind Stewart when he was pulled out of position to close him down. This left Stewart trying to cover two men.

Stewart did have a stinker, but you're also right and it's been said 100 times on here that our system gives the full-backs no protection. Russell is too high up the park to give protection, but too deep to be any attacking threat, he's pointless in that role.

Regardless of a lack of cover for Stewart though his acceleration is really slow which means against a Cook type he will get torn up over 5-10 yards. That can't really fixed other than not playing him there.

The worrying thing about the interview and previous ones is the fact that he is claiming the defeat was down to 'bad luck' and deflections. Stenny bossed that game and could have scored more. I think his comments are not only dillusional but scathing of the Stenny players and their manager.

We are being outplayed every week and has been said, Ryan has been making the difference for us at crucial times. The whole setup from top to bottom is dysfunctional, I cannot see any quick remedies however.

"We were level pegging six/seven weeks ago" Wonder who has been in charge since then so that we are twelve points behind? "Too many young boys on the bench , I cant throw them in"  but I can send them to Cumbernauld after recalling them and playing Loudon.. Deflecting his weaknesses by citing "deflections" (Goal 1 and three) Fine to praise them for getting back in the game but were we really as good as Stenhousemuir over the piece?. I will wait to see the Red card "highlight" but we were looking right at it and it looked like a lunge which in the modern game is Red. Yes we got caught in last attack at Corner but I suspect this has happened before. He does appear to rate Mensing so does that mean Boateng will increase the average age on bench?

Archived