California as separate nation

Wee Willie

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I thought Nativism was your big thing? If you've got the right skin colour, f**k everyone else, no matter when you snuck in.

No. I think that it's generally best if distinct ethnic groups live in distinct states when possible. I think white, English speaking North Americans are a distinct group. So do you. I know you have stereotypes of white Americans, positive or negative, that are distinct from your stereotypes of other groups. We had two states, the US and Canada. Obviously both had one major, major minority group, but I'm not sure why we decided it was a good idea to invite mass immigration and multiculturalism. Actually, "we" never decided. The elites decided and lied to the public about their plans until the point where putting things in reverse would make us feel guilty for being "racist."

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thank f**k I live in a country where "Scots" isn't a colour.

So, you conceive as Scotland as just a spot on a map, and not a distinct culture that's the result of the people who have lived there going back generations? Would it be the same Scotland if 3 million Americans from my part of the country, whose people you admit to hating, moved there over the next 30 years or so? You don't think that there are general cultural differences between Scots whose ancestry goes back thousands of years and Scots whose grandparents moved from Jamaica?

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I actually knew that, I was teasing Willie a bit.

Great! We're back in the game (Olympics), I'd better phone Andy again.

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You shouldn't tease Willie - he takes these posts a wee bit seriously at times. Teasing isn't good for a man of his advanced years.

I'm as laid back as the next guy.
It's only when I see posts about f**king royals and religion and politics that get me worked up.
Surely that's a common trait in Scotland?

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tongue in cheek, chap.

I've enjoyed every visit I've made to Cali and would like to lasso San Fran (LA can GTF), Boston, NYC, Philly, Austin, Denver and Charleston in to one country of civilisation.  The rest of the US is inhabited by healthcare-denying, educationally subnormal rednecks.

That sounds about right.  What about Savannah, Seattle and Washington DC?

9 hours ago, Deplorable said:

No. I think that it's generally best if distinct ethnic groups live in distinct states when possible. I think white, English speaking North Americans are a distinct group. So do you. I know you have stereotypes of white Americans, positive or negative, that are distinct from your stereotypes of other groups. We had two states, the US and Canada. Obviously both had one major, major minority group, but I'm not sure why we decided it was a good idea to invite mass immigration and multiculturalism. Actually, "we" never decided. The elites decided and lied to the public about their plans until the point where putting things in reverse would make us feel guilty for being "racist."

So, you conceive as Scotland as just a spot on a map, and not a distinct culture that's the result of the people who have lived there going back generations? Would it be the same Scotland if 3 million Americans from my part of the country, whose people you admit to hating, moved there over the next 30 years or so? You don't think that there are general cultural differences between Scots whose ancestry goes back thousands of years and Scots whose grandparents moved from Jamaica?

No, a person who was born here and grew up here, regardless of where their grandparents are from, is as Scottish as me or anyone else. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

No, a person who was born here and grew up here, regardless of where their grandparents are from, is as Scottish as me or anyone else. To suggest otherwise shows you up as being a racist c**t.

FTFY.

San Diego Tribune
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-calexit-leaders-lives-in-russia-20161216-htmlstory.html
Amid reports, speculation and confusion over whether Russia interfered in the presidential election, it looks like Russia is also interfering a little closer to home.

KQED has discovered that the leader of Yes California — an organized, supposedly San Diego-based effort to have California secede from the nation — is an American who lives in Russia and runs the independence campaign from there.

Archived