Booking Fee Rip Off

Moonglum25

Just looking at the booking fees for a forthcoming Neil Diamond concert at the Glasgow Hydro.

How can a booking fee on a ticket vary when the process for all tickets must be the same. A top price ticket (£125) has a booking fee of £16.90 added to it while the lowest priced ticket (£65) has a booking fee of £8.80 added on.

What difference is there in the booking process between the 2 tickets to justify a difference of £8.10?

Given that the Hydro has a capacity of 13000 then for this concert, if that is the capacity for the layout of that concert, and assuming the average for the 4 different priced booking fees is £12.63 then the booking fees alone generate an income of £164287.50.

£164287.50 minimum for one night - someone is making a vast profit at the expense of fans.

I do not know if thereis an external agency which can take this on.

The fans are constantly being ripped off try buying tickets on line and you will find that the ticket agency's have syphoned off the good seats and are selling them on their pay through the nose sites. How can this be allowed to continue?

1 hour ago, Dr Watson said:

Bring back the good old days.

- Stroll up to the Apollo.

- Hand over your fiver.

- Get handed your ticket.

- No c*nt gets ripped off.

Sure I've been charged a booking fee even buying a ticket at the venue, thieving c***s. 

On 27/01/2017 at 15:45, welshbairn said:

Sure I've been charged a booking fee even buying a ticket at the venue, thieving c***s. 

Once went into Ticket Scotland in Glasgow and expected to pay face value - think it was £20 - for the ticket. The girl behind the desk spun round on her chair to the drawer at the other side, opened it, took out my ticket, spun back round to the counter to hand me my ticket and charged me an extra two quid for that privilege! I was raging!

On 1/27/2017 at 13:22, Moonglum25 said:
Just looking at the booking fees for a forthcoming Neil Diamond concert at the Glasgow Hydro.

How can a booking fee on a ticket vary when the process for all tickets must be the same. A top price ticket (£125) has a booking fee of £16.90 added to it while the lowest priced ticket (£65) has a booking fee of £8.80 added on.

Unlike you, Red Rob was genuinely delighted when he saw the bill.

I've been ripped off many times for this.

The bit that gets me is 1 booking fee per ticket and 1 delivery charge per ticket (even though they all come together)

How can't it be 1 booking fee per all tickets and 1 delivery fee?

The Dice app is a good place to look as they sell tickets without booking fee, however, there's only a select few, but it's still worth checking that as first point of call. Saved me a fortune and I've only been using it a few months.

Bring back the good old days.
- Stroll up to the Apollo.
- Hand over your fiver.
- Get handed your ticket.
- No c*nt gets ripped off.

A fiver ?...Flash git.

Found recently my ticket for guitar legend Gary Moore at Grangemouth Town Hall circa 1980. Superb evening for only £2.50 .

Archived