St Lucia

Antiga

Portugal

Canaries

Bali

Switzerland

Spain + Ballerics

Singapore

Only really started travelling in the last 4 years or so, but got round quite a bit

Apart from just about every corner of Scotland I've been to
England
Iceland
Norway
France
Netherlands
Belgium
France
Germany
Czech Rep
Austria
Switzerland
Italy (mainland and Sicily)
Hungary
Poland
Slovakia
Greece
Malta
Montenegro
Croatia
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Lanzarote (Spain)
Kenya
Texas, USA

Think that makes it 23 countries for me so far

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to 61, which I guess isn't bad going. But it's my three year old daughter that I've really come on here to brag about. She has been to:

Scotland, England, Finland, Italy, Vatican, Malaysia, Holland, Spain, France, India, Portugal, Romania, USA, Panama, Costa Rica, and Czech Republic. With about 200 countries in the world she's on course to have done the lot by her mid 40s!

Scotland, England, Wales, France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Portugal.

Big misses for me are Spain and Ireland- I've never had reason to go to either. Would also really like to visit Iceland, the Faroes, Norway, Russia and to complete the Baltic set in Latvia and Lithuania.

Will go to Albania / Kosovo /possibly Montenegro for the first tiem in a few weeks.

Strangely never been at all bothered by going to the US, Australia or New Zealand. Outside of Europe, at some point in my life would like to visit Ghana (my parents spent a lot of time there before I was born), Tanzania, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe, India, Sri Lanka, the Central Asian 'Stans; also Canada, Cuba, Montserrat, Jamaica, Trinidad, Brazil and Argentina.

Favourite cities outside the UK: Berlin, Helsinki, Sarajevo, Skopje, Vienna.

Countryside: Ramsko Lake near to Jablanica in Herzegovina; Jajce in Bosnia; Kruševo in Macedonia; Lake Ohrid in Macedonia; the Baltic coast in Germany between Rostock and Stralsund.

Guest Pampered Adolescent

In order:

Scotland (lived there), England (lived there), France, Greece, Wales, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Malta, Tunisia, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Palestine, China (lived there), Switzerland (lived there), Denmark, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Czech Republic, Spain, Morocco, Sweden, Japan, Malaysia, Turkey, South Korea, India, Norway, Egypt, Poland, Latvia, Australia, UAE, Serbia, Macedonia, Oman, Estonia, Finland, Albania, Myanmar, Philippines, Laos, Taiwan, Mongolia, North Korea, Portugal, Northern Ireland, Russia.

Also, changed aircraft in Slovenia and Qatar, though not cleared customs.

PA        

On 2017/01/28 at 17:55, LongTimeLurker said:

Scotland, NI, RoI, Wales, England, Norway, France, Germany, Croatia, Italy, Russia (including Chuvashia, Mari El and Tatarstan in terms of the autonomous republics), Turkey, South Korea, Japan, PR China, Hong Kong, Singapore, United States, Canada, Bahamas, South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, UAE

Added Kenya to my list a few weeks back through work. For some bizarre reason they have traffic lights in Nairobi, but don't bother to use them as they aren't synchronized properly so you wait what seems like 20 minutes at major junctions at rush hour as police officers direct traffic. Beyond that seemed a reasonable enough place if you steer clear of the areas the locals would also avoid and would have no problem going back for a holiday. Tusker beer is well worth a try.

Archived