Countries visited.

DI Bruce Robertson

Reading the "Best & Worst airports thread" it appears that lots of P&Bers are extremely well travelled.

I thought I was fairly well travelled, but not in comparison to many others, so who's visited the most countries & are there any countries that are unique to only one P&Ber?

I'll start...

Europe

Scotland

England

Wales

Northern Ireland

Eire

France

Spain

Italy

Holland

Denmark

Norway

Germany

Russia

Africa

Morocco

Algeria

Libya

Egypt

Chad

Cote D'voire

Equatorial Guinea

Ghana

Nigeria

Angola

Congo

Namibia

South Africa

Gabon

Asia

Kazakhstan

Uzbekistan

Russia ( Siberia)

Middle East

UAE

Saudi Arabia

Oman

Bahrain

Qatar

Americas

USA

Canada

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland

England

Republic of Ireland

Portugal

Spain

France

Italy

Germany

Austria

Czech Republic

Croatia

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Greece

Cyprus

Turkey

Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (unrecognised)

UK / 4 countries in the UK, Canada, USA, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Monaco, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Iceland, Sweden, Turkey, Czech Republic, Austria (for 5 minutes), Romania, Bulgaria (for 10 minutes) and most recently, Poland. 

2 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

What's Iceland like? Fancy there this year.

Absolutely lovely. There's a thread somewhere in this forum, but I was there in August. The scenery is breathtaking, everyone speaks English and the despite its name, the weather was great. Easyjet flights were dirt cheap as well. 

Only drawbacks would be that it's very expensive and you really need to hire a car to see all the best bits (and hiring a car is also pricey). Also, the Northern Lights are only visible in winter months.

UK (Scotland/England/Wales/N Ireland),

Rep of Ireland

Greece

Malta

Spain

France

Austria

Germany

Holland

Romania

Poland

Later this year will add Lithuania to that list,

and hoping to make it out of Europe within next 12 months.

Absolutely lovely. There's a thread somewhere in this forum, but I was there in August. The scenery is breathtaking, everyone speaks English and the despite its name, the weather was great. Easyjet flights were dirt cheap as well. 
Only drawbacks would be that it's very expensive and you really need to hire a car to see all the best bits (and hiring a car is also pricey). Also, the Northern Lights are only visible in winter months.

Thanks, your excellency.

I'm looking to see a bit of the country & fancy going to the volcano active parts, so I guess a hire car is essential - I don't do tourist bus tours.
What's Reykjavik like for restaurants & bars ( assuming you based there)? Not too fussed about Aurora Borealis as I've seen them in Northern Norway & Siberia, so would you recommend August as a good time to go?

Abkhazia, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nagorno-Karabakh, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Transnistria, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Vietnam.

Excluding countries travelled through to go somewhere else:

Scotland
England
Ireland
The Failed Statelet
United States
Portugal
Spain
Belgium
The Netherlands
Germany
Austria
Poland
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Hungary
Slovenia
Croatia
Serbia
Montenegro
Albania
Greece
Cyprus
Romania
Bulgaria

Abkhazia, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nagorno-Karabakh, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Transnistria, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Vietnam.

That's pretty impressive, are they through work or are you Judith Chalmers?

Scotland, England (and Gibraltar & Jersey)

Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, The Vatican, Turkey

USA

Egypt

22 Countries outwith the UK and it's territories/dependencies. Poland will be getting added to the list later in the year, and maybe Australia too. Canada next year.

1 minute ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

That's pretty impressive, are they through work or are you Judith Chalmers?

It's mostly from watching Thistle away in the Champions League, the remnants are collaborated from ten years of on-off independent travel. There won't be many more added to the list: I've eaten all the low-hanging fruit, I'm pretty settled with the other half who isn't much of a traveller, and returning to already visited countries is more appealing than seeing many of the new ones for the first time.

Scotland

Northern Ireland

England

Wales

Ireland

France

Andorra

Spain

Portugal

Monaco

Belgium

Netherlands

Luxembourg

Germany

Denmark

Norway

Sweden

Poland

Czechia

Switzerland

Liechtenstein

Austria

Slovakia

Hungary

Slovenia

Italy

Malta

Greece

South Africa

USA

It's mostly from watching Thistle away in the Champions League, the remnants are collaborated from ten years of on-off independent travel. There won't be many more added to the list: I've eaten all the low-hanging fruit, I'm pretty settled with the other half who isn't much of a traveller, and returning to already visited countries is more appealing than seeing many of the new ones for the first time.

Ha ha ha, your first line had me chuckling.
I'm pretty much the same as regards re-visiting, lots of places I've been, I'd really like to see more of the place. USA, Canada & South Africa in particular.

Scotland

England

Wales

Rep Ireland

Northern Ireland

France

Spain

Andorra

Germany

Netherlands

Switzerland

Austria