Festivals 2017

MONKMAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like lots of festival updates on the way. Reading and Leeds first one is soon. Arctic Monkeys likely to be announced for the first Sunday of TRNSMT soon as well. Festival No. 6 going on about their upcoming announcement and Victorious are putting one out in the next few days.

Going to Slam Dunk Midlands this year for the first time, I've got to North the last couple of years. Once again the undercard has suited me perfectly. Also got 2000 Trees planned for the third year in a row, not a huge fan of ATDI but Basement, Creeper and Arcane Roots is strong enough for me so far. I'm planning on either Jera on Air and Rock Am Ring again this year, both have announced good line-ups and have been enjoyable in the past.

BBC The Biggest Weekend has been announced and the Belfast one looks amazing.

BELFAST - 25th and 26th May - Titanic Slipways ( 6 music )

Friday 25th May: Beck, Courtney Barnett, Manic Street Preachers, Public Service Broadcasting + more TBC
Saturday 26th May: TBC

PERTH - 25th and 26th May - Scone Palace ( Radio 2 and 3 )

Friday 25th May: Nigel Kennedy, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra + more TBC
Saturday 26th May: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds + more TBC

SWANSEA - 26th and 27th May - Singleton Park ( Radio 1 )

Saturday 26th May: Ed Sheeran + more TBC
Sunday 27th May: Taylor Swift + more TBC

COVENTRY - 27th and 28th May - War Memorial Park ( Radio 2 and 3 )

Sunday 27th May: Snow Patrol, Billy Ocean + more TBC
Monday 28th May: Eliza Carthy and The Wayward Band, Nigel Kennedy, The BBC Concert Orchestra + more TBC

• 2 weeks later...

The The, Friendly Fires and Franz Ferdinand headlining No 6. Disappointed that nothing totally left field got one of the biggest slots like usual.

The Charlatans, Jessie Ware, Everything Everything, Anna Calvi, The Horrors, A Certain Ratio, Django Django, Gaz Coombes and a lot more announced.

I’m normally quite defensive of modern festival line-ups when they’re being judged by middle-aged people, but that Reading announcement is fucking dreck. It just doesn’t seem to have any identity, it’s just such a disparate array of acts (of the ones o actually know) that I cannot see anyone claiming it’s a great line-up. It might look a bit more sensible with more acts announced and the stage splits, but right can you see any Kendrick or Dua Lipa fan being excited about Panic At The Disco or Fall Out Boy being on the same bill and vice versa? It’s like they’ve taken Wireless and Download and squished them together

Archived