Peterhead v Q.P.

Ok we are hurting from the 'what could've been' on Tuesday night but that was then and this is now.

The centre of the fishing universe has not been a particularly happy hunting ground for us in recent times but with the strength of character that our squad has repeatedly shown already this season I'm confident we can come away with points from this fixture.

Let's do em - keep it going Queens!

Peterhead January signings. Looks like you boys are determined to have a go here. Lucky us!

Peterhead
Aaron Comrie (St Johnstone, loan)
Liam Gordon (St Johnstone, loan)
Michael McMullin (Partick Thistle, loan)
Allan Smith (Forfar Athletic)
Grant Anderson (Queen of the South)
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/january-transfer-window-signings/#hp6smoCgLbM6WSZs.99

Given our crap record up there, the exertions of the cup ties, and Peterhead being a lot fresher than us...well I'll happily take a point back down the road. Can see Gus making a couple of changes to combat the effects of the last 2 games. Seems a perfect opportunity for the new lad to show us what he can do

Looking forward to another quality away day. See you in Stonehaven 

Last fixture we needed after midweek. Don't imagine the energy levels will be tip top and sitting on a bus for several hours won't help with any tiredness in the legs. 

However, this is a team full of heart and baws. It wouldn't surprise me if they dug something out again. Win, lose or draw, what we will get is 100% from them.

22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Peterhead January signings. Looks like you boys are determined to have a go here. Lucky us!

Peterhead
Aaron Comrie (St Johnstone, loan)
Liam Gordon (St Johnstone, loan)
Michael McMullin (Partick Thistle, loan)
Allan Smith (Forfar Athletic)
Grant Anderson (Queen of the South)
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/january-transfer-window-signings/#hp6smoCgLbM6WSZs.99

Liam Gordon has gone back to st johnstone for injury cover

Eh cancel that,seemingly he is back with us as loan signings cant go back within 28days

I didn't go today, but you can see the reasons why we were pumped. Players must have been physically and mentally done after the Ayr game. Long journey up, maybe not fully sharp and mistakes will be punished. Go again next week and hopefully we're more like ourselves. Credit to Peterhead, a 4-0 win is a 4-0 win.

The usual shite result at Peterhead. We could have eleven internationals in the team and we'd still lose.

i'd like to punch that guy that banged the boards all game in the coupon. I take it he's special needs.

We really weren't at the races once we went a goal down. The team deserve a bit of praise for sorting themselves out in the second half.

feckin awful journey only made bearable through the bev.

Queen Park are welcome visitors to Balmoor. Their fans cheer the team through thick and thin and are a credit to the club. Today we were just too good for Queens who must have been knackered after the 2 games against Ayr and it showed. Going down to 10 men didn't help the cause and it was all over well before half time. Peterhead showed what they are capable of and an all round good performance resulted in a comfortable 4-0 win. If we can keep this level of performance up there is no reason why we can't reach the playoffs. 

Queen Park are welcome visitors to Balmoor. Their fans cheer the team through thick and thin and are a credit to the club. Today we were just too good for Queens who must have been knackered after the 2 games against Ayr and it showed. Going down to 10 men didn't help the cause and it was all over well before half time. Peterhead showed what they are capable of and an all round good performance resulted in a comfortable 4-0 win. If we can keep this level of performance up there is no reason why we can't reach the playoffs. 

Respect
Could you imagine a Clyde fan posting something like this?!

14 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Sorry but I can't see any highlights here at all.... 

Confirmed what I thought at the time. First and Third goals poor from us and avoidable but second goal an absolute peach. Second half all about damage limitation. 

Fair play to Peterhead, they did well and the extra quality they brought in on loan made the difference. Obviously noted by Gus after this week's additions to the squad. 

Had to stop watching after 3/0.  A wee hint of offside for McAllister as he raced on at the third???  Not much in it.  I though at the time that McGeever didn't bring McAllister down intentionally, but caught his heels in the box as he tried to get round him to tackle, and the footage backs that up.  Still, it's a cert penalty, intentional or not.  

We looked dreadful for the first. 

Probably did well to keep the score down.

20 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

A wee hint of offside for McAllister as he raced on at the third???  Not much in it.

Nah, he's well onside. Cummins plays him on ( press pause just as the guy heads it forward and you'll see )

Archived