East Fife v Stranraer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was disappointing, another two points thrown away and with nearly every other score going our way, a chance to go clear fourth and get back into the playoff mix, but if I'm being honest a draw was fair with neither team really creating any chances of note, I can remember Smith forcing their keeper into a save and I can't really remember Goodfellow having to make one at all, but I'll bet that Stranraer player will be kicking himself for missing that sitter in the last 10 mins!!!

Conditions weren't conducive to good football and the most inept performance yet from any match officials at The Nou Bayview, and trust me we've had a few roasters this season, equaled the game out for both teams!!!

The only sour note was the continual shirt pulling performed by Stranraer in their own box which went unseen and unpunished by the referee even when happening directly in front of him!!!

Anyhow, 10 on the spin undefeated and up another place to 5th, can't really grumble!!!

Draw was about right and in fact I'd reckon Stranraer probably had the better of the game.

As others have mentiined the qualilty of officials was dire at least in terms of the ref and nearside linesman. The most bizarre example was when the ref blew for a foul when the entire crowd could see he should have played advantage. I guess that was Stranraer's bit of luck while ours was in the last 10 minutes when they missed a sitter.

Oh well onwards and upwards and still unbeaten after 10.

Draw a fair result.. improved and gutsy display by us.. liam dick missed a sitter..if we had a decent strikeforce we would win these tight games. One of the reasons we are bottom is because of the lack of quality in the striking department. Some lovely skill by gibson again today.

Refs are clueless in general. To pull that east fife attack back for a freekick on half way was bizarre.

Finally thawed oot.

When is there ever going to be something done about the abysmal standard of match officials. I have watched football for nearly 60 years and have been disgusted with standards week in and week out over the past few years. Do those so called referee supervisors actually do anything to help raise competence. Or do they just sit and enjoy their free game.

Guest TOPFITTER
1 minute ago, flyfifer48 said:

When is there ever going to be something done about the abysmal standard of match officials. I have watched football for nearly 60 years and have been disgusted with standards week in and week out. Do those so called referee supervisors actually do anything to help raise competence. Or do they just sit and enjoy their free game.

The ironic thing is they might actually get a free game to enjoy if the competence of the officials was raised, as it is those officiating  generally ruin any game that might become anything like enjoyable.

School games in the 60/70's were better reffed with the home schools teacher reffing and 2 subs putting the flags up when the ball went out. Could be a bit unfair at times but generally evened itself out :)

Our Trialist that was on the bench, any idea what his name is???

Apparently we ARE signing him, from Hamilton Accies, but who is he???

Always going to be a hard game as I knew the Stranraer players would be out to impress their new boss. If I'm being honest Stranraer passed the ball better than us but both teams lacked any cutting edge in the final third.Sranraer never gave us any time on the ball and were well worth their point. We improved when Chris Duggan came of the bench as he had a more physical presence than Jamie Insall.If you look at the league table and take Livingston out the equation there isn't much between the other 9 teams.Gibson and Robertson were influential for Stranraer but as has been said look light weight in the striking department.Best for us was Robinson and I just wonder how Insall and Duggan would perform together up top.Cant really argue with our shape or tactics as it has served us well over the last 2 months but you would hope at home against the bottom team you could be a bit more adventurous and go with 2 strikers. Another game without defeat but what chance of it continuing against Queens Park the team that has the sign over us next week.

Refs are clueless in general. To pull that east fife attack back for a freekick on half way was bizarre.

Think the referee knew how poor EF were and so could not possibly gain an advantage from playing on [emoji3]

Seriously that was one of his many poor decisions. He failed to police the location of free-kicks and throw-ins. EF were obviously better coached to take advantage of this, and so got a five yard advantage at every throw-in. He also failed to pick up on frequent jersey pulling by EF.

Enjoyed the game despite the cold. The steward patrolling the away end was the friendliest I've come across in many years.

EF were obviously better coached to take advantage of this, and so got a five yard advantage at every throw-in. He also failed to pick up on frequent jersey by EF.

Seriously???[emoji23]

If Barry Smith during our run has had a face like you've just shot his dog in all the post match interviews so far, I wonder what he'll be like after dropping two points to the bottom boys of the division!!!

Has he done an interview yet or is he still busy flogging the squad and making them run around the docks in the snow in their pants???

^^^ positively chipper!!!

ETA

A very short and concise clip which means either he didn't have much to say or that he snapped and grabbed the camera and started beating everybody in the room with the tripod until the stopped asking him "stupid fucking questions"!!!

The lack of subsequent interviews, which is the usual makes me fear the worst!!!

Liam are you ok???

#prayforliam

Archived