East Fife v Stranraer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see what team new boss Stevie Farrel will pick.Last weeks interim Manager Tiff Aitken went more for experience against Aberdeen and left out young star Kyle Turner and Partick Thistle loanee David Wilson,probably both will start and drop Ryan Thompson and a n other to the bench.We really need to start scoring goals and Malky is going through a barren spell,hopefully start sometime.

We'll be rejuvenated under the new manager I'd expect. Don't know if that will be enough. East Fife seem to have got a few good results this season but, didn't think they were any better than Stranraer at Stair Park earlier in the season.

19 hours ago, Mattmc said:

We'll be rejuvenated under the new manager I'd expect. Don't know if that will be enough. East Fife seem to have got a few good results this season but, didn't think they were any better than Stranraer at Stair Park earlier in the season.

This is how I'm feeling - really just looking for improvement. Will be the first chance for Faz to see the players in a competitive game so perhaps too much to expect a win.

Think Farroll could be a good appointment and like everyone else am hoping that its the start of a better run. However nothing in football is guaranteed and East Fife have been doing decent to date. All of our problems didn't purely stem from Brian Reid and with the same squad at the moment remains to be seen if we can ease our relegation worries. When you get to this stage of the season in trouble every week you don't win puts you deeper in it and with less games to rectify the situation. Not trying to be a pessimistic but just a wee bit concerned that some folk now seem to think its automatic that relegation worries will quickly disappear.

I expect Farroll to be a better manager than Reid and he was obviously a good assistant but that doesn't always guarantee he will be equally as successful as a manager. We could still go down and a rise to the play off positions is asking a lot. Am hoping we can survive this season before making the play offs again next season.            

Stranraer will be hoping they get the new management bounce like we have had.Since Smith came in .The work ethic of the team has been outstanding. The same outfield 10 that started last week to start again, the only debate for the manager is who gets the nod between the sticks.Hurst had been the man for the the number 1 jersey but St Johnstone didn't allow him to play on the cup tie at almondvale last week. Ryan Goodfellow came back from injury and was outstanding ,he was unlucky to get injured a few weeks ago and lose his place. I thought I heard someone say last week that Ryan had went something like 300 minutes without losing a goal.For me I'd stick with Ryan Goodfellow as he has been patient over the last 2 seasons and is in great form. Last time Sranraer were at Bayview we had a very comfortable victory. However like all games in this league any team can beat any team on the day and from top to bottom there isn't much between the teams. Hoping to keep our run going but take nothing for granted and the boys will know that only the same application and work ethic that has seen us go 9 unbeaten will do.

2 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Stranraer will be hoping they get the new management bounce like we have had.Since Smith came in .The work ethic of the team has been outstanding. The same outfield 10 that started last week to start again, the only debate for the manager is who gets the nod between the sticks.Hurst had been the man for the the number 1 jersey but St Johnstone didn't allow him to play on the cup tie at almondvale last week. Ryan Goodfellow came back from injury and was outstanding ,he was unlucky to get injured a few weeks ago and lose his place. I thought I heard someone say last week that Ryan had went something like 300 minutes without losing a goal.For me I'd stick with Ryan Goodfellow as he has been patient over the last 2 seasons and is in great form. Last time Sranraer were at Bayview we had a very comfortable victory. However like all games in this league any team can beat any team on the day and from top to bottom there isn't much between the teams. Hoping to keep our run going but take nothing for granted and the boys will know that only the same application and work ethic that has seen us go 9 unbeaten will do.

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much who's in goals for you.

If we did get a right back in, who would you drop???
Cant drop either Pagey, Kerr or Kane could you???

That would depend on the quality of the player, no one would or should expect to walk into this starting 11 but we're just one injury or suspension from struggling for players at the back.

If you were getting a player from a higher division on loan you would think the parent club would be expecting him to play!!!

Archived