Albion Rovers vs Alloa

The boy ross stewart up top threatened us all day long, hes some player..had a look at where he had come from aswell, i thought he was from a premier league club on loan to yourselves, you'll do well to hold on to him.

Yeah. He's not quite there in terms of consistency yet, and Rovers haven't helped by putting him out wide right on occasion, but there's real talent there, no doubt. 
I'd like to think we'd get another season out him for giving him a chance, but longer term, I agree that he will play at a higher level.

Glad to hear the praise for Ross. Watched the cup game last week and he didn't do much, but none of the Albion team really stood out against superior opposition.

Started his junior career with us aged 16 and was a key player in getting us promoted for the first time in two decades. He's got a great attitude and I'd like to see him step up further in due course, happy enough that he's scoring goals for Albion at the moment though!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boy ross stewart up top threatened us all day long, hes some player..had a look at where he had come from aswell, i thought he was from a premier league club on loan to yourselves, you'll do well to hold on to him.

He done pre season with Queens Park who were desperate to sign him. Think we done well

4 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

He done pre season with Queens Park who were desperate to sign him. Think we done well

Yes, I heard Gus MacPherson talking on the radio about him. Full of praise. Couldn't agree a deal with Kilwinning.

Yeah, I thought he'd got a right sore one, but when I went down the tunnel I found he'd only went in search of a radiator to dry his jacket. Talk about having the run of the place :lol:

It was a great challenge from the wee man, possible cover for the Dunlop's at centre back?

Also was that your oldest boy that was helping out during the warm up?

14 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Also was that your oldest boy that was helping out during the warm up?

Yes. He was down to be mascot along with Ciaran as part of the kids club season ticket, but he's way too old and cool for that nowadays :rolleyes: Tony McMinn therefore arranged for him to help out before the game, which he absolutely loved.

it's worth recognising just how much of an unsung Rovers hero Tony is. The excellent community engagement work Rovers are implementing is very much his baby, and he's also a big part of making cliftonhill the welcoming, friendly place that it is. More power to him!

17 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Strikers don't cost you points. They should win you them, he hasn't done that recently. If Goodwin is going to have consistency with his players then he has to be fair across the board.

Also, Flannigan not getting on today was a shocker.

He scored just one game ago.

I didn't think it was Greigs best game by a long way , but he didn't get much decent service and couldn't question his effort as always.

Agree about Flannigan, I thought game was crying out for a bit of class on the ball. Surprised we put almost every sub on but Flannigan. Could see why Longworth made way, but we noticeably dipped when he left the field.

I thought it was in the bag at 1 0 but credit where it's due, Rovers fought back into the game well second half. 

Yes. He was down to be mascot along with Ciaran as part of the kids club season ticket, but he's way too old and cool for that nowadays :rolleyes: Tony McMinn therefore arranged for him to help out before the game, which he absolutely loved.
it's worth recognising just how much of an unsung Rovers hero Tony is. The excellent community engagement work Rovers are implementing is very much his baby, and he's also a big part of making cliftonhill the welcoming, friendly place that it is. More power to him!

He looked like he was enjoying it, poor laddie was drenched by kick off though!

I know it's unfair to single out Spence, wasn't quite what I was trying to prove. His goal did come in the 92nd minute 3-1 down though.

What I was trying to say is Marr will probably feel very unfairly treated as he finds himself on the bench when there is a few players putting in well below par performances recently.

I felt we kept giving the ball away yesterday but wouldnt say any of our players were playing well below par.

I'm not talking about specifically playing below par yesterday. Our team has been playing below par the past couple of months, you can't deny that. We have gone from winning 10 out of 10 to picking up the odd win here & there. If that isn't playing below the ability their capable of then I don't know what is.

I'm not talking about specifically playing below par yesterday. Our team has been playing below par the past couple of months, you can't deny that. We have gone from winning 10 out of 10 to picking up the odd win here & there. If that isn't playing below the ability their capable of then I don't know what is.

What happened at the beginning of the season was great for an alloa fan, but being honest it was never going to last all the way through the season.

The way you put your post across was like you were singling out certain players thats why printer was asking..

Archived