Albion Rovers vs Alloa

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult game but one we should be winning if we are serious about the play offs 

Away win by 2 

Think Longworth will start up top with Spence

It's not a pitch we can play our normal passing game 

We need to get the ball wide and good crosses into the front 2 

Spence and Graham with the goals 

And a clean sheet wowooooo

9 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

I'd go same team as last week other than craig mcdowell for neil parry,

Interesting. I was never a fan of Parry even though he put in some heroic shot-stopping performances. Terrible at deep crosses in his time at Cliftonhill and his kicking was atrocious.

14 hours ago, Wasps1 said:

Difficult game but one we should be winning if we are serious about the play offs 

I was going to say your being a tad pessimistic as you're miles ahead of the middle pack -  I haven't looked at the league table for a while and its really tight.  jeso If we win our two games in hand .... 

Heard one of the players or a coach say our Season starts now. So looking forward to another battling performance - New Celtic kid to score the winner 5-4 thriller !  Thats if its on. -4 this morning in CB and game must be in doubt. :( Hopefully not. 

I would like to see us start with the same line-up as we finished with against Dunfermline. We were 3 goals down to a fulltime club who were going for more, then we started to click as soon as the subs came on. The guy scored with his first touch. Surely not starting with the same failing long ball tactic again.

I hope Homer stays in the team after a very impressive performance last week and indeed that he gets a wee run in the side now. You could make a case for McCluskey starting certainly but I'd be happy enough with the three who started behind Spence last week and hold him back as a good option from the bench as he tries to play his way into the team. At the back I didn't agree with having Marr on the bench last week and thought it was quite possibly a factor in the poor goals we conceded in the first half. Having put McKeown in (and he did ok overall) the manager now has a call to make, does he give Frank a run of games to settle in or go back to what was in general a very successful partnership for the first half of the season. Or indeed does he go with three centre backs as he has at times since taking over. I'd have Jason in there anyway.

Tough game always at Cliftonhill but again (seems like we say this every week for the last wee while) one we could really do with winning as we try to get some momentum going again.

3 hours ago, teekasule said:

-4 this morning in CB and game must be in doubt. :( Hopefully not. 

Turf at Rouken Glen Park at 2pm today would not take a stud, in the sunshine. So what hope for the shaded stand side of Cliftonhill pitch?

23 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Turf at Rouken Glen Park at 2pm today would not take a stud, in the sunshine. So what hope for the shaded stand side of Cliftonhill pitch?

I'd be very surprised If its on. its baltic oot. 

If the game is off I don't think that'll bother us too much. We've got another signing to make as Jim said in the interview. If it's postponed then that'll more than likely have happened. 

I thought Homer had a good game last week. I saw some more of McCluskey in training and he looked really sharp so that wouldn't surprise me if he started. I'd lean toward starting Kirky before Longworth . So Cawley, Kirky and McCluskey behind Spence.

I'm not feeling too confident over this game to be honest. They'll be hard to break down and obviously as has been said the pitch doesn't lend itself to how we like to keep possession.

Archived