Good Film Shite Ending

wellinwigan

I really wish that the conculsion of Heat was worked so that De Niro got away. He'd escape without Eady, sticking to his mantra of not having anything you can't walk out on in the drop of a hat. There'd be the moment of weakness to go after Waingro but he'd see sense prior to killing him and just escape in time.

I don't think the ending is shite, the showdown between him and Pacino is good. What I don't like is that De Niro's character ignores his rule, not letting go of the Waingro thing which leads to his death.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

I haven't read the book and know nothing about the ending.

It didn't work for me as I wanted to see a final confrontation between Brolin and Bardem (not a Tarantino style shootout, just a conversation or similar). I didn't give a fuck about Tommy Lee Jones character at all. 

Why did you enjoy the rest of the film?

On 01/02/2017 at 11:52, DA Baracus said:

Aye they look dreadful, and every single one of them looked the same as well. Plus they had that shite trope of monster roaring to the camera. I hate that spot in films

Are you thinking of the thing where their jaw suddenly becomes unnaturally detached? Possibly one of the worst modern uses of CG, and it's everywhere. They even did it with Two-Face in The Dark Knight, detracting from an otherwise tense finale.

2 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

The way it was shot, the dialogue (especially the coin in the gas station scene) and Bardems character.

No argument about the cinematography, certainly (there's one shot of Chigurh after the shootout at the hotel which is about three seconds long and worth a whole film on its own) and the conciseness of the dialogue is near unmatched in literature. McCarthy is a master at it and most of it survives into the film.

But the point of understanding Chigurh is that we do it from Bell's perspective. I wasn't trying to make any point about the book initially but it's generally better at this since every other chapter is Bell's narration and it makes this clearer. And ultimately, the point of understanding Chigurh is that we don't. Bell doesn't. He can't. That's why there's no final standoff or anything, Bell only turns up after this incomprehensible violence has happened. He's a step behind everything else the whole time because the world and the things in it he's supposed to have control over have advanced and left him behind. That's your ending.

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Dark Knight Rises

Great film, shite ending.

Think it was mentioned earlier but I feel the same about The Dark Knight. Everything after the Harvey Dent becomes Two Face part for me just blurs into dullness.

The last Harry Potter film.

"It" has already been mentioned, though to be fair I assume it was a good book shite ending which was to blame.

The original "Blair Witch Project". I get that you're supposed to use your imagination but, FFS, I expected to see something after two hours pissing about in the woods.

• 5 months later...

Wonder Woman. Very good film up to last 20mins and turn it into a cgi slugfest for no apparent reason. Completely undermines the plot and development at that point also.

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

Not so much a single film but the Matrix trilogy was a fucking shambles by the end

It was clearly only meant to be one film, but once it eventually became a success they were put under pressure to make more, and indeed the third one is a shit film with a nonsense ending.

The first film is still brilliant though.

Anyway, Spiderman 3. Okay, this should be "alright film, shite ending", but still. It's perfectly watchable throughout with the exception of a tedious and completely irrelevant to the plot, dancing scene.

I could just about put up with that but then... they go back for another pointless dancing scene to finish off the film. Fucking nonsense. I hope somebody with a giant magnifying glass burns the legs off the Queen's Park c**t.

On 2/4/2017 at 00:07, Bert Raccoon said:

Think it was mentioned earlier but I feel the same about The Dark Knight. Everything after the Harvey Dent becomes Two Face part for me just blurs into dullness.

How Bane gets killed off in the final film rather annoys me, all this build up and he just gets blasted by catwoman out of nowhere 

Archived