Good Film Shite Ending

wellinwigan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbreakable. Cracking film until the hastily explained and barely coherent ending.

'HAHAHA!! I have brittle bones and must have a polar opposite somewhere so I committed all those....erm, well, three....atrocities to find the sole survivor, therefore unbreakable and my arch nemesis!'

The thing that irked me most was the number of disasters he masterminded. Had he engineered a series of hundreds or indeed thousands of tragic incidents all over the world to find his nemesis, I'd have maybe allowed my disbelief to be suspended. As it was, three incidents involving a couple of hundred folk at best is hardly a fucking suitable cross-reference to take and make a suitable conclusion.

Unless that was the point, that he was a deluded psycho.

Just now, Randy Giles said:

Oh good shout. That entire final act brings down what was a brilliant atmospheric movie before that point.

Aye it just turns into a rushed and bog standard slasher film and was up til that point a thoughtful sci-fi masterpiece. 

I'm going to go with Stephen King's IT. While there's a lot to dislike about this movie, most of the way, Tim Curry alone makes it a hell of an enjoyable watch. And then the fucking giant spider shows up and the whole thing falls to shit.

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm going to go with Stephen King's IT. While there's a lot to dislike about this movie, most of the way, Tim Curry alone makes it a hell of an enjoyable watch. And then the fucking giant spider shows up and the whole thing falls to shit.

Was thinking about that also loved most of it but that ending was shit.hope  this remake has better end

Wouldn't go so far as to say it's a shite ending - in fact I quite like them singing M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the end so I'm off to a great start here! - but the first half of Full Metal Jacket is great, and then I kinda start to switch off for the second half of the film (although it does still have its moments). Really not keen on the final act in particular.

Not an ending I'd call shite, but I'm left always left unsatisfied with how Killer Joe ends.

Pick of Destiny is another film that I tend to finally start really getting warmed into with the rock duel... and then it ends abruptly.

Jeepers Creepers.

Went from being a genuinely interesting, compelling serial killer / psychopath film to a terrible monster film.

22 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm going to throw out a poor movie with an even worse ending, and say Star Wars Episode III, and the Vader ending.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

With regard to The Prestige and It, you might want to check out the original endings from the books. It, in particular, has some lengthy gubbins about a massive interdimensional space turtle, and I can't imagine why they decided not to include the prepubescent gangbang  :rolleyes:

Some great calls already, although I've no problem with The Prestige, personally. I'll plump for Kevin Smith's Red State, which is an excellent and unpredictable thriller until one very specific point at the end, whereafter the film finishes with a massively anticlimactic whimper. No excuse for such a poor ending, but Smith didn't have the budget to film his original ending...

Spoiler

When the trumpet sounds, it turns out that the cult have been right all along - the Rapture begins, and the cult members all disappear. The FBI agents are killed by angels as the Four Horsemen blaze a trail of fire across the sky  :lol:

Archived