2017 WWE PPV Prediction League

JamieStevenson

Target Audience  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.     Bambino7 - 9
2.     gary1399 - 8
        SamuraiJock - 8
        Scotty Tunbridge - 8
3.     cdisaaccie - 7
        CEMSFC - 7
        FifeArab - 7
        JamieStevenson - 7
4.     Christophe - 6
        Eoin Doyle - 6
5.     Alba16 - 5
        DavidMcG - 5
        forameus - 5
        NotThePars - 5
        Randy Giles - 5

Bambino7 leads the way after our first PPV. Tough start for many of us. Well done to Christophe for being the only one to predict a tag titles change.

Amazingly not a single one us managed to predict a correct surprise entrant. Many (including myself) were fooled by the lure of a potential Samoa Joe call up. Even more frustrating for some may be that they missed out on a free point as a good number of us had predicted Ellsworth to be quickest eliminated, so you'd think it would make sense to have him down as the surprise entrant too.

Speaking of Ellsworth, he was of course the quickest to go but only just by 3 seconds or so as Enzo Amore's was really quick too and I had to time it on second viewing of the match.

Chris Jericho was our Iron Man this year, he's smashed the longest cumulative time record and good job to SamuraiJock for getting that along with predicting him as being part of the first two.

Correct answers are in the OP and the leaderboard will be there too. Next PPV is in 2 weeks time. Elimination Chamber which is a SmackDown exclusive one. I'll replace Royal Rumble with Elimination Chamber in the OP when the time comes to do so on the Wednesday before the PPV. Hope to see you all back again for the next lot of predictions, if there's any that missed out this time, scores are low enough that you can potentially join us and keep up 

Any chances predictions in future can have a deadline of a week or at least a few days before the event?

I could see around 3 or 4 people had picked Orton to win rumble on their predictions which made zero sense whatsoever unless he was bookies fav by a mile. Nobody would have picked him if it wasn't for that.

I'm not bothered about people copying bookies predictions as they sometimes get it wrong - more so that it kinda ruined the ending of the rumble for me. When it got down to final 5 or 6 and esp after Taker was eliminated it was clear Orton would win because I had seen everyone predicting it.

Yeah, I agree.  Managed to avoid the spoilers myself although I heard people saying that the bookies choice was uninspiring.  Seems like more and more often the bookies massively short the odds, telegraphing the outcome.  I'd go as far as saying the predictions should be in by the day after Smackdown.  Nothing should change card-wise after that.

6 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Any chances predictions in future can have a deadline of a week or at least a few days before the event?

I could see around 3 or 4 people had picked Orton to win rumble on their predictions which made zero sense whatsoever unless he was bookies fav by a mile. Nobody would have picked him if it wasn't for that.

I'm not bothered about people copying bookies predictions as they sometimes get it wrong - more so that it kinda ruined the ending of the rumble for me. When it got down to final 5 or 6 and esp after Taker was eliminated it was clear Orton would win because I had seen everyone predicting it.

He started the week about 11/8 I think and by the Thursday he was 1/12. 

47 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, I agree.  Managed to avoid the spoilers myself although I heard people saying that the bookies choice was uninspiring.  Seems like more and more often the bookies massively short the odds, telegraphing the outcome.  I'd go as far as saying the predictions should be in by the day after Smackdown.  Nothing should change card-wise after that.

I agree - day after smackdown deadline would be my preference. Anything added after that can be edited in

It would be a difficult thing to pull off, would mean everyone would have to get predictions in immediately. Full match card isn't available until after the go home show which would be the Wednesday before a PPV. Post on Wednesday, deadline thurs/Fri?

Impromptu matches do not count (anything that's added after list posted). We go with the card that has been announced after the go home show. If a card is looking particularly light heading into a show there's a good chance I'll add in for everyone to predict an impromptu match, as has been done in the past.

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler.  Result - 
Mickie James vs Becky Lynch.  Result - 
Randy Orton vs Luke Harper.  Result - 
Nikki Bella vs Natalya.  Result - 
American Alpha (C) vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillains vs Breezango vs Heath Slater and Rhyno in a Tag Team Turmoil match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
Result - 
Starting Teams - 
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Naomi for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.  Result - 
John Cena (C) vs AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs The Miz vs Dean Ambrose in an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship:
Result - 
Order of Eliminations (Excluding winner) - 

Predictions in by Friday please!

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler.  Result - Dolph Ziggler
Mickie James vs Becky Lynch.  Result - Mickie James
Randy Orton vs Luke Harper.  Result - Luke Harper
Nikki Bella vs Natalya.  Result - Nikki Bella
American Alpha (C) vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillains vs Breezango vs Heath Slater and Rhyno in a Tag Team Turmoil match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
Result - American Alpha
Starting Teams - AA and Breezango
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Naomi for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.  Result - Alexa Bliss
John Cena (C) vs AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs The Miz vs Dean Ambrose in an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship:
Result - Bray Wyatt
Order of Eliminations (Excluding winner) - Miz- Ambrose- Cena- Corbin- Styles

I put mine in a PM but I'll put it here too given the question is slightly different

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler.  Result - Crews and Kalisto after Ziggler gets a DQ
Mickie James vs Becky Lynch.  Result - Mickie James
Randy Orton vs Luke Harper.  Result - Randy Orton
Nikki Bella vs Natalya.  Result - Nikki Bella
American Alpha (C) vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillains vs Breezango vs Heath Slater and Rhyno in a Tag Team Turmoil match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship. Result - American Alpha
Starting Teams - American Alpha and Breezango
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Naomi for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.  Result - Alexa Bliss
Result - Bray Wyatt
Order of Eliminations (Excluding winner) - Dean Ambrose, Miz, Corbin, Cena, AJ Styles

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler.  Result - Dolph Ziggler
Mickie James vs Becky Lynch.  Result - Mickie James
Nikki Bella vs Natalya.  Result - Nikki Bella
Result - The Usos
Starting Teams - American Alpha and Breezango
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Naomi for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.  Result - Alexa Bliss
Result - Bray Wyatt
Order of Eliminations (Excluding winner) - Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, The Miz, AJ Styles

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler.  Result - Dolph Ziggler
Mickie James vs Becky Lynch.  Result - Becky Lynch
Result - American Alpha
Starting Teams - Heath Slater and Rhyno & The Vaudevillains
Result - Bray Wyatt
Order of Eliminations (Excluding winner) - The Miz, Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose, John Cena ,AJ Styles

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler.  Result - Kalisto and Crews

Mickie James vs Becky Lynch.  Result - Mickie James

Result - American Alpha

Starting Teams - Slater and Rhyno vs Breezango

Result - Bray Wyatt
Order of Eliminations (Excluding winner) - Ambrose/Miz/Corbin/Styles/Cena

Archived