The Rovers v The Sons

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the thinking behind the subs today? Roberts is a fucking imposter. He'll be playing junior soon, if he's lucky. I can bear Skacel as he at least looked like a football player, albeit one whose better days are long behind him. Stevenson is finished and couldn't get a game for Dumbarton.

All Locke signings. All poor. In general M'Voto apart, Locke's signings have been between abysmal and poor.

McHattie and Thomson look fucking terrible at full back.

Midfield created very little and we resorted to hoofing balls forward.

Forwards got shite service again.

Today was - on paper - our best chance of a win. When is the next win coming? How many games will it take us to win a game?

On the plus side n-n-n-nineteen for the Playlist soon.

Thought we defended well in the second half and limited Raith to the desperation of moving the centre back up front.

Dont think we had a player give us less than 7/10 level of performance. Love the way stirling carried the ball and links up with the other players.

Best for me were Div, Barr, Carswell, tommo, stirling and stanton.

Pleased for the three goalscorers too. Harvie had had a difficult first half I thought, Bucky would ve been scunnered about the Raith goal and Nade scrapped all game before going off.

Lewis Vaughan was wearing no colours at all and sat with family.

As for Locke / Aitken, did Stevie not knock Raith back?

Another excellent performance today and unlike the the previous three Saturdays, we finally got the outcome we deserved. Absolutely no failures in the side today and it has to be said that the players are giving everything that could reasonably be asked of them. So much so, that the absence of Vaughan and Fleming wasn't really noticed. Here's hoping that Nade's injury isn't too serious. Two starts and two goals. Looking forward to viewing the highlights and Mr Northcroft's "performance". Two wins and two draws with him in charge this season, he clearly loves the Sons! :thumsup2 Can we have him every week? :whistle

What a fantastic and well-deserved win. And against 12 men too.

Just how Northcroft and his bumbling assistant can't get to the simple decision of 'foul' between them for the Rovers goal is atrocious and nothing short of embarrassing.

Anyway, I felt for the first half it was relatively even and we even had a couple of decent chances as well. Being behind at half time was massively down to atrocious officialdom, but to be fair it looked a well taken strike from whoever it was.

In the second half we were excellent. Well-taken goals, solid at the back, not panicking and above all making sure that we took the points.

I think pretty much everyone played well today, but for me Andy Stirling was the stand-out. He gave the Rovers defence a torrid time with no let up. His booking was obviously another display of horrific refereeing, even the Raith fans around us when we were leaving were saying it was a penalty. Crazy decision. Why would Stirling go down if it wasn't a foul? To avoid scoring a goal when one-on-one with the goalkeeper having skinned a defender? Baffling.

I thought Robert Thomson did well today. Shunted out wide in a position he's clearly not comfortable in, he gave it everything and was an able grafter there. Then when tasked with making a nuisance of himself up top once the Prince departed, he did exactly that and didn't let Rovers' defenders settle on the ball to start an attack. Well Done to the big man.

A well deserved win and well done to the lads and the management. St. Mirren getting beat as well and Ayr losing as I type means it's been a very good day for us Sons.[emoji106]????

I have to say that I thought Andy Stirling was absolutely outstanding against us last week and I see from your comments that he has played well again.

For me Stirling is the best wide player that I have seen this season.

Thought we defended well in the second half and limited Raith to the desperation of moving the centre back up front.

Dont think we had a player give us less than 7/10 level of performance. Love the way stirling carried the ball and links up with the other players.

Pleased for the three goalscorers too. Harvie had had a difficult first half I thought, Bucky would ve been scunnered about the Raith goal and Nade scrapped all game before going off.

We knocked Aitken back. He got interviewed. We decided to go with Locke :(

Dunno the specifics but I got the impression that Aitken was passed over for the role. Raith preferred Locke.

Dunno the specifics but I got the impression that Aitken was passed over for the role. Raith preferred Locke.

Aye, Aitken was passed over as far as I'm aware.

Our midfield has been our downfall all season, and today was as bad as it's been.

Hauling off midfielders for strikers is all well and good, but we seemed to basically go with a midfield two for the last half hour or so, which actually made matters worse.

Awful.

Locke immediately hooking a winger (Johnston) for his donkey pal Stevenson when we went 2-1 down, and moving Mark Stewart, a forward, out wide really betrays his tactical thinking. Quite simply blooter it and hope for the best.

Lewis Vaughan for Ryan Stevenson. Fucking hell. That's the worst swap deal since Jack and the Beanstalk.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

What was the thinking behind the subs today? Roberts is a fucking imposter. He'll be playing junior soon, if he's lucky. 

We let a promising young defender go to Rangers for nothing so we could have him as our player. 

Gary Locke :lol:

Oh, wait. :(

Well now wasn't that pleasant in the end.

after the past 3 games all I wanted was at least a point regardless of performance but sons stepped up today.

great performances across all today.

what about the referee. To pinpoint a couple  other than the raith goal and penalty claim. Early on Tommy chased raith right back into corner who cleared on turn and sort of slip which ref gave foul for when Tommy was at least a yard away from any contact.second half ref and linesman looked at each other and had no idea what decision to give and opted for goal kick. 

Showed how awful his performance was. 

Scottish football has to do something about the standard of what is being tossed out.

i will add I've resigned my membership of the reservations about resigning nade club

On 24 January 2017 at 14:45, microdave said:

We haven't lost with him reffing us this season in three attempts!

Four now although he was fucking abysmal again. Beer always tastes that bit better when the Sons win and I'm currently enjoying a wee libation. 

And to the Raith fans wanting Locke to gtf, we have previous of putting managers out of a job. 

Too much is made of the referees & officials, if your good enough you'll win on the day. Personally I'd hate to be a Ref or Linesman.

Today we were good enough, and won, decisions go for & against every team, and over the course of a season, usually even themselves out.

I have a total nugget who sits behind me @ home games who is on the Officials' case right from kick off.

I don't think he's allowed to speak, without permission, within the confines of his house tbh.

Delayed at work today so missed the game, thanks to that last person who called me and made me stay late, saved £15 plus petrol money and total embarrassment.  Have been looking forward to a trip through to Dundeh next week for a while, however keeping another weeks hard-earned in my pocket is looking more likely.  Been through this scenario umpteen times over 50 seasons and it gets no easier. Major action required soon before we can save the club money and fit home crowds into the main stand only.

Theres an irony here. Although the expected push for a top four finish has evaporated, and the football on offer is now unrecognisable to what it was earlier, at least there's some excitement in a relegation fight compared to meaningless mid table mediocrity, and the interest will keep the crowds artificially high until the end of the season.

Theres an irony here. Although the expected push for a top four finish has evaporated, and the football on offer is now unrecognisable to what it was earlier, at least there's some excitement in a relegation fight compared to meaningless mid table mediocrity, and the interest will keep the crowds artificially high until the end of the season.

That'll only happen if fans feel we can win a relegation fight. We looked every jnch the relegation certs today.

I honestly don't know who we'll manage to get that elusive win against.

I know he was only on for about 7 minutes - but there was something I really liked about Tom Lang. That's the first time I've seen him, and he looked incredibly confident and assured for a guy with about 10 minutes of senior experience under his belt. He just seemed to cut about with a bit of arrogance that he was completely in control and knew exactly what he was doing - the only other young player I can remember giving me that feeling was Stuart Findlay.

If he could be half as good as he was he'll be an outstanding player at this level.

Archived