Deer Shaggers v Sheep Shaggers

glasgow-sheep

19 minutes ago, tintax said:

Aberdeen deserving winners. We were very poor going forward, can't remember Lewis having many saves to make. Not happy with Boyce seemingly dropping further and further back, he's almost playing as a CM these days.

He was a CM for most of the match, they started 4411 then went 433 when the midfield was being completely overrun. Same as against Rangers in the second half. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jayhawks said:

And the nominations for the comedy performance of the year now include Bobby Madden who cleverly weaved brilliant periods of pretending that he did not understand the basic rules of football and glorious moments when he thought someone else was would make the big calls in the game. His best sketch was when he created a great Fawlty-type fuss over a free kick taken on the half way line during which he blew his whistle with gusto, ran to the area of concern and moved the ball 8.5 inches twice and spoke very earnestly to the County management team without once breaking his adopted character. The man is comedy gold.

As for the game, Fox was astonishingly good and if he is not in the next Scotland squad questions need to be asked. Sadly, Aberdeen deserved the result. Shinnie was excellent and Stachan needs to stop calling up diddies from the outer reaches of Engerland and give the lad a chance.

I agree that Madden had poorish match, but the half way line free kick was not quite how you described it. Hayes committed the foul almost on the touchline and McEveley took the total mick and moved the ball infield about five yards. Madden tried to get McEveley to move the ball twice, and it was him that moved the ball 8.5 inches twice. Madden eventually coming over, picking up the ball and walking five yards to the touchline and placing the ball for the free kick. McEveley should have been booked for being an idiot.

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I agree that Madden had poorish match, but the half way line free kick was not quite how you described it. Hayes committed the foul almost on the touchline and McEveley took the total mick and moved the ball infield about five yards. Madden tried to get McEveley to move the ball twice, and it was him that moved the ball 8.5 inches twice. Madden eventually coming over, picking up the ball and walking five yards to the touchline and placing the ball for the free kick. McEveley should have been booked for being an idiot.

They called this out on the radio and EVEN windy miller said madden was being a fud (or words to that effect...)

Madden was dreadful but not particularly dreadful in favour of any one team.
What's going on with wee Billy Dodds? Jumping around and ranting like an absolute wee loony yesterday over piddly wee incidents??

Glad the dons got through that. Deserved it on balance of play but not by a great deal.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, McElevy was stupid, but why on earth did Madden suddenly decide that one dead ball incident had to be treated differently? Throughout the game free kicks and throw ins were taken yards away from the actual incident. All of a sudden it became vital for one free kick in the middle of the pitch to be taken at the exact spot. The ball was clearly going to be lumped half the length of the pitch, moving the spot a few yards was never going to be of any great disadvantage to Aberdeen. I've no problem with referees making sure that dead balls are taken from the correct position, but if they're going to do that they have to be consistent.

Would take Celtic at home.

More chance of beating them there than at Hampden.

I was just saying that myself. I actually can't see Celtic losing to anyone else so if we are going to win the cup we probably will need to beat them. I wouldn't fancy our chances at Hampden (or Parkhead) so Pittodrie offers our best chance. Getting a home draw against them before the semi could give us the best hope of winning the cup.

In saying that though I would still probably rather get Ayr or Clyde and hope we get through and Celtic slip up against someone else.

Thoroughly deserved win yesterday. The better team from start to finish in the game, created a lot of chances and played the better football.

First half we got dragged into knocking the ball long too much which didn't suit us at all but after half time, we took control of the middle of the park and ran at Ross County.

There's no doubt to me that a large part of that had to do with the departure of Tim Chow from the game. That he was substituted and not ordered off for a second yellow was a summary of Bobby Madden's afternoon. Good management by McIntyre to realise that he was walking a tightrope. However Goburn does not have the fitness level of Chow.

Scott Fox was outstanding yesterday and fair play to him. Made several fine if acrobatic saves and eventually beaten by a deflection.

The only two negatives were Mark Reynolds knock and the continuing poor form of Adam Rooney. It's the first season since joining us that he has looked so far off the boil, so I won't have too much of a go. Suffice to say his knack of being in the right place at the right time has gone missing.

Archived