Deer Shaggers v Sheep Shaggers

glasgow-sheep

I know we don't know if this is confirmed for a Sat 3pm ko yet but can the locals tell me if Scotrail always put on an extra post-match train back to Inverness?

Last few games I think there has been a train about 1720 which works perfectly for our train back to Glasgow but currently no train exists at that time on the Saturday.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many Saturday 3pm kick offs have there been in Dingwall?  The last one, then there was the Sunday 3-2 game, 2-0 Friday night game, Monday or Tuesday night 1-0 loss with Quinn scoring the own goal, the 1-1 draw was midweek.  Rocco Quinn scoring the winner in a 1-0? First game in Dingwall was also 3pm on a Saturday. I may be missing one.

I think Scotrail only did the last couple as it was close to Xmas.

Boyce is probably our most creative player. Letting him drift around a bit is good of County, though he'll probably get heavily marked.

Schalk has to be upfront to catch up on scoring the goals. Arguably could have had a hat trick v Rangers instead of the 1. He gets in good positions but has missed a right few - some unlucky, some lacking that last 2% composure.

County's starting XI vs Rangers:

Fox

Naismith Fraser Davies VdWeg

O'Brien Chow Woods Lalkovic

Boyce

Schalk

I wouldn't be surprised if McIntyre sticks with that.

Naismith cup tied I would prefer Regan Tulmilty than Paul Quinn to be honest maybe a second half cameo from Oscar Gobern.

14 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

Boyce is probably our most creative player. Letting him drift around a bit is good of County, though he'll probably get heavily marked.

Schalk has to be upfront to catch up on scoring the goals. Arguably could have had a hat trick v Rangers instead of the 1. He gets in good positions but has missed a right few - some unlucky, some lacking that last 2% composure.

No arguably about it, he should have. The side netting one was a shocker. 

20 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Did you really play Boyce behind Schalk? I'd have thought it would be the other way around, with Boyce as the 9, holding the ball up and Schalk as the 10, with more pace and dynamism?

Boyce has played a lot right up front, but I think he prefers to play as the 10.  He has the touch and vision to bring others in play, as well as the ability to make late runs into the box. His most recent spurt of goals have come from him deliberately playing deeper.

When Schalk first arrived he was used as a 10, but he better suits playing as a striker to get behind defences.  In theory Schalk stretches defences and makes space for Boyce to flourish in, it's an effective combo.  Schalk just needs to start being more clinical in 1v1s

19 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

though he'll probably get heavily marked.

At the start of the season Boyce was being heavily marked by centre-backs much more dominant than him.  The direct style wasn't working - losses at Hamilton and Hearts spring to mind where Boyce got nothing out of the defences.

Playing Boyce deeper and either Schalk or Curran ahead of him means the team need to play it from the back a bit more, which is good.  The system has evolved at last over the last few months.  The team is still not getting consistent results but that's mostly down to individual errors rather than a greater overall problem, like I thought it was becoming late-Autumn.

15 hours ago, grantmacp said:

Naismith cup tied I would prefer Regan Tulmilty than Paul Quinn to be honest maybe a second half cameo from Oscar Gobern.

I forgot Naismith was cup-tied.  I thnk either McEveley comes straight into the team and Fraser shifts to right-back again, or Paul Quinn comes in.  I think Tumilty starting would be a last resort for Jim, just on a hunch of him not trusting less experienced players in defence.  Tumility did well when he came on vs United but we were 4-2 up at the time.

When they said an extra 200 for Aberdeen, I assumed it was the for the ESE, never realised it was for the east stand itself! Don't think I've ever seen us give away fans part of the East stand, not sure how that's going to work. Could well be outnumbered at this rate :lol: 

Archived