The Mighty Fife v St Mirren

sirscottyoung

On 11/02/2017 at 11:07, Stu said:

I have decided not to go. Therefore we will win.

In further good news, it looks like I won't be going to the quarter final either.

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a bit of misnomer to call it 'robbery' on the back of a single inconclusive photo where the number 10 may or may not be backing in and impeding the keeper. 

Certainly,  the fact the goalie is behind the line in his attempts to scramble the ball clear mean to me at least the he may well be impeded to getting the ball, regardless of if he's touched it or no. 

In similar fashion,  we had one that appeared to go in directly from a corner at 3-1 and there wasn't much made of that. 

Indeed - that would be like some folk saying a player has bit another player on the back of one photo :ph34r:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a bit of misnomer to call it 'robbery' on the back of a single inconclusive photo where the number 10 may or may not be backing in and impeding the keeper. 
Certainly,  the fact the goalie is behind the line in his attempts to scramble the ball clear mean to me at least the he may well be impeded to getting the ball, regardless of if he's touched it or no. 
In similar fashion,  we had one that appeared to go in directly from a corner at 3-1 and there wasn't much made of that. 

As there is no number 10 in the photo we can then assume that he may not be backing in and impeding the keeper!!!

As for your one that appeared to go in directly from a corner do you have any photos conclusive or not to prove it as I honestly don't remember that happening!!!

We matched St Mirren for most of the game and looked like we might have pushed on and won the game after we equalised for a short time, but they came back well and probably deserved the win in the end. Full time fitness came into play in the last 20 minutes after a game played in energy sapping conditions. Great effort from the lads though. Chris Duggan and Scott Robinson were immense. Luke Watt's injury looked a sore one, obviously a hamstring. We can only wait and hope that he's not sidelined for too long...  

Pretty fair assessment but let's not forget that in those final 20 minutes, St. Mirren were playing against 10 men for 10-15 of them!!!

We did well and in better conditions it would have been a better and closer game IMO!!!

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

As there is no number 10 in the photo we can then assume that he may not be backing in and impeding the keeper!!!

As for your one that appeared to go in directly from a corner do you have any photos conclusive or not to prove it as I honestly don't remember that happening!!!

Well,  number 11 then. No need to be pedantic,  you know who I was talking about. 

And nope,  I don't have any photos of the incident,  it happened at 3-1, around 86 minutes. 

Point being is that there is certainly nothing in the picture to say conclusively one way or another that the goal should've stood or not. Certainly looks like the keeper's path to the ball is being blocked off though. 

Well,  number 11 then. No need to be pedantic,  you know who I was talking about. 
And nope,  I don't have any photos of the incident,  it happened at 3-1, around 86 minutes. 
Point being is that there is certainly nothing in the picture to say conclusively one way or another that the goal should've stood or not. Certainly looks like the keeper's path to the ball is being blocked off though. 

I'll put you out of your misery it's actually number 14!!![emoji6]

The most conclusive thing you can take from the photo is that you can quite clearly see that the ball has crossed the line!!!

2 hours ago, LiamA said:

The defender wasn't even looking at the ball & deliberately blocked Insall so def penalty

Never ever a penalty.

Nobody claimed for it, nobody seemed to understand what the ref was giving because nobody thought anything had happened.

Somebody said earlier that if that was a penalty there'd be 10 a game - I think that's an underestimate.

39 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

It was one of 3-4 corners we got in quick succession when it was 3-1.

Mallan whipped it in, wind assisted, and looked like it was a couple of feet over the line before the keeper clawed it out.

I assume you were at the other end of the ground, so wouldn't have been as clear to you as it was to us.

Pretty fair assessment but let's not forget that in those final 20 minutes, St. Mirren were playing against 10 men for 10-15 of them!!!

We did well and in better conditions it would have been a better and closer game IMO!!!

Is the wind often as bad as yesterday? The pitch was heavy too so it was difficult to play any football.

I reckon better conditions would have made it easier for us. No one could really get a foot on the ball and I think that suited East Fife.

52 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Is the wind often as bad as yesterday? The pitch was heavy too so it was difficult to play any football.

I reckon better conditions would have made it easier for us. No one could really get a foot on the ball and I think that suited East Fife.

The wind can be bad at The Nou Bayview, but that was hellish yesterday, it isn't often like that and when it is, it can ruin the game, I really don't know what has happened to the pitch, over the last couple of weeks it has turned to shite, it must be the weather!!!

The Club is the annual home of the best pitch in Scotland awards, we do win it all the time and to be fair the pitch is usually like a billiard table/bowling green and your patronising comments aside, we do use it, we are not a hoofball team by any stretch of the imagination, the conditions effected us as much as it effected your lot!!!

Noticed during the warm up that both sides had to go out to the training yards to warm up and that the keepers didn't use the goalmouth but the portable goals instead, the (award-winning) Groundstaff must have known the pitch was going to cut up early!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

I'll put you out of your misery it's actually number 14!!!emoji6.png

The most conclusive thing you can take from the photo is that you can quite clearly see that the ball has crossed the line!!!

I take it your taking the piss there is no way from that angle of the pic you can say that balls over the line .

The wind can be bad at The Nou Bayview, but that was hellish yesterday, it isn't often like that and when it is, it can ruin the game, I really don't know what has happened to the pitch, over the last couple of weeks it has turned to shite, it must be the weather!!!
The Club is the annual home of the best pitch in Scotland awards, we do win it all the time and to be fair the pitch is usually like a billiard table/bowling green and your patronising comments aside, we do use it, we are not a hoofball team by any stretch of the imagination, the conditions effected us as much as it effected your lot!!!
Noticed during the warm up that both sides had to go out to the training yards to warm up and that the keepers didn't use the goalmouth but the portable goals instead, the (award-winning) Groundstaff must have known the pitch was going to cut up early!!!

I didn't mean to imply that East Fife were a long ball team, but as I said in an earlier post, East Fife coped far better with the conditions for most of the game.

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

I take it your taking the piss there is no way from that angle of the pic you can say that balls over the line .

Think you can, look at your number 2's foot, it's on the goal line, his head is leaning well over that line and his foot, and the ball is directly over his head, therefore over the goal line, he's obviously got a hold of our number 14's shirt and is pushing him over, inadvertently bundling him into the direction of your keeper who is aimlessly trying to get over to the ball from his original shite and wrong position at the back post!!!

So not only a goal but TWO penalties as well!!! ;)

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Did I miss a sending off?

No, no sending off, but Scott Robinson took a back spasm, tried to play on but had to go off, we had used three subs so had to play the end of the match with 10 men!!!

Archived