The Mighty Fife v St Mirren

sirscottyoung

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much football on show from either team under very trying conditions.
Think Saints probably just edged it, but for large sections of the game East Fife were the better team.
Highlight was the announcer at half time - she was brilliant!!!

Sounded a bit like the game last week although i felt we were better than Dumbarton but not by much.

Didn't make it to the game today but last week i said to the guy next to me we need a 3rd goal here. Shows you how vital getting another goal is, we can't keep going on needing to score 3 goals to win a game. Need to hope the defence clicks before its way too late.

The TNS game gives us another chance to gel before the crucial game against Ayr.

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Delighted with that.

Most folk will have been looking at this tie for a shock and we managed to pull it off :P

Cup form is ridiculous this season. Clyde or Ayr in the next round please and we'll have a great shot at the semis.

Nice to have a break from they soapdodging c'nts too.

I thought that you'd have stopped bleating considering you won today. Here dry your eyes :-

images (21).jpg

I would have enjoyed today if it hadnt been so cold!

The wind spoiled any real football. East Fife probably dealt with the conditions better, and until about 75mins were the better side.

Big number 6 for East Fife had a great game, tired a bit towards the end but was generally solid throughout.

The bar at the ground was good too. Had a quick blether with a few players in there. Not one knew what the second penalty was for.

46 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Here's the disallowed goal!!!

IMG_1486860402.111025.jpg.1ec4217e68f45bc6776de4c19179a45f.jpg

Robbed!!!

It's a bit of misnomer to call it 'robbery' on the back of a single inconclusive photo where the number 10 may or may not be backing in and impeding the keeper. 

Certainly,  the fact the goalie is behind the line in his attempts to scramble the ball clear mean to me at least the he may well be impeded to getting the ball, regardless of if he's touched it or no. 

In similar fashion,  we had one that appeared to go in directly from a corner at 3-1 and there wasn't much made of that. 

A bit disappointing. We had missed a good chance and had a goal disallowed before St Mirren scored after two miskicks and a sclaff - probably their first look at goal. We came back well at the start of second half and I thought we could win it but St Mirren hung on and as we tired, gradually took control in the last 20 mins. and in the end just deserved their win.

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Here's the disallowed goal!!!

IMG_1486860402.111025.jpg.1ec4217e68f45bc6776de4c19179a45f.jpg

Robbed!!!

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a bit of misnomer to call it 'robbery' on the back of a single inconclusive photo where the number 10 may or may not be backing in and impeding the keeper. 

Certainly,  the fact the goalie is behind the line in his attempts to scramble the ball clear mean to me at least the he may well be impeded to getting the ball, regardless of if he's touched it or no. 

In similar fashion,  we had one that appeared to go in directly from a corner at 3-1 and there wasn't much made of that. 

If not a goal it's a clear penalty as the skunk number 2 is clearly pushing the East Fife player.

Appeared to go in or went in? Check the ruling about all of the ball crossing the line. There is no mention of the word "appeared" in the ruling.

I'm not going to go into your use of the word "misnomer"!

That second penalty though, he's simply holding the guy off. There are literally 10 challenges like that in every match. First one was a stonewaller 

The defender wasn't even looking at the ball & deliberately blocked Insall so def penalty

Archived