The Mighty Fife v St Mirren

sirscottyoung

This has the makings of a great cup tie. St Mirren in freefall and us 11 games unbeaten and playing the best brand of football I've seen us play in a long time. I'm currently working on Saturday but aiming to get that shift removed to make this. If Saints do bring a thousand fans to Bayview then fair play, saw a photo of their away support over the weekend which I assume was away at Dumbarton and it looked very healthy, perhaps the cup game will give the fans a new lease of life to escape their miserable league form. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2017 at 17:18, gc_smfc said:

Hopefully we've hit a run of results by the time we play. But I can't unfortunately remember the game at Love Street that some tiny man scored an absolute screamer in an eye bleeding bad game.

Here you go!!!

6' 3" Craig "Tiny" O'Reilly ripping the net off at Love Street!!!

How will our board look stupid. East Fife did not make the decision on their own, it was done in consultation with the police and more importantly St Mirren who told the club how many of their fans to expect! This is standard practice for EVERY game

How will our board look stupid. East Fife did not make the decision on their own, it was done in consultation with the police and more importantly St Mirren who told the club how many of their fans to expect! This is standard practice for EVERY game

Point taken. It would be quite funny if St Mirren brought 2,000 fans tho! [emoji23]

We could well bring upwards of 1000 but no way will it be 2000 as it's an awkward place to get to by train. Also the weather will have a big bearing. Any issues or iinspections will put plenty off.

The weather forecast is fine and the sea air usually helps thaw the ground out if it does change. Nearest train station is Kirkcaldy btw

Definitely Markinch. Although fewer trains stop there, it's a 15 minute bus journey to Leven, followed by a short walk across the Bawbee Brig to the ground. There's also a great wee pub, Jamie's Bar two minutes walk from the train station in Markinch. Absolutely no need at all to dirty your feet in Kirkcaldy. Two bars at the ground where fans of both clubs are made welcome... 

My wife is a teacher and she's off Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

Our initial plan had been to go to Paris this weekend (valentines, and the rugby).

She was none too happy with with my alternative 'surprise weekend in Glenrothes', and looks at me with suspicion when I say "but Glenrothes is the Paris of the North!".

Still, I'm sure she'll cheer up on the Saturday afternoon - I'm planning on taking her to the seaside .

We have nothing to fear here and the pressure is very much on St Murn too.

It's a real opportunity for us to get into the last 8 and a real money spinner or the winner of this could draw Ayr/Clyde and a real chance of making the semi finals.

Alarm will be set for 4am to follow this.

5 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We have nothing to fear here and the pressure is very much on St Murn too.

It's a real opportunity for us to get into the last 8 and a real money spinner or the winner of this could draw Ayr/Clyde and a real chance of making the semi finals.

Alarm will be set for 4am to follow this.

I don't think there's that much pressure on St Mirren.......nobody expected to get through in the last round and the league is where our real pressure is. Two wins in the league all season and eight wins out of nine in the cups probably tells it's own story re pressure and our season so far!!

Archived