Livi v Brechin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very comfortable, should've been a lot more but very happy with that, Byrne, Pittman and Millar all played brilliantly in the midfield. 

Halkett had a great game at the back and even Lithgow had a fairly comfortable afternoon. 

On a side note, I have absolutely nothing against teams being physical, it's part of the game but see when it's a players sole aim to go out his way and try his hardest to get opponents sent off that's when it annoys me, number 11 had lost his head long before but everytime there was a 50/50 or a high ball he was going down as if he'd been shot, rolling around, when he saw he wasn't getting anything he would jump up and jog off, thank god the referee never rose to it, he was put well in his place by Mark Millar near the end. 

Results went perfectly yet again now 11 clear with a game in hand, could put the league to bed in the next few weeks with wins over Alloa and Airdrie. 

Most comfortable win at home for us in this league so far. Obviously the early goal set us on our way, but Brechin never really got a look in. Was good to see Pittman further up the pitch, definitely made a difference in our attack.

Mark Millar putting Love in the bath was also a particular highlight. Well deserved.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Very comfortable, should've been a lot more but very happy with that, Byrne, Pittman and Millar all played brilliantly in the midfield. 

Halkett had a great game at the back and even Lithgow had a fairly comfortable afternoon. 

On a side note, I have absolutely nothing against teams being physical, it's part of the game but see when it's a players sole aim to go out his way and try his hardest to get opponents sent off that's when it annoys me, number 11 had lost his head long before but everytime there was a 50/50 or a high ball he was going down as if he'd been shot, rolling around, when he saw he wasn't getting anything he would jump up and jog off, thank god the referee never rose to it, he was put well in his place by Mark Millar near the end. 

Results went perfectly yet again now 11 clear with a game in hand, could put the league to bed in the next few weeks with wins over Alloa and Airdrie. 

Yeah and when Hopkin's was having a go at him too Dods came over and shoved his player away as if to tell him he was being a cheating wee p***k.

Was willing Rafa to get a goal when he came on too put everything into his short time on the pitch and deserved a gal but wasn't to be. Much better seeing him coming on as a striker, thought him and Todlorov did well when they came on. Surprise Sinclair cae on instead of Keaghan but thought he did well too.

Lovely passage of play for our 3rd goal, esp on that tattie field of a pitch.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah and when Hopkin's was having a go at him too Dods came over and shoved his player away as if to tell him he was being a cheating wee p***k.

Was willing Rafa to get a goal when he came on too put everything into his short time on the pitch and deserved a gal but wasn't to be. Much better seeing him coming on as a striker, thought him and Todlorov did well when they came on. Surprise Sinclair cae on instead of Keaghan but thought he did well too.

Lovely passage of play for our 3rd goal, esp on that tattie field of a pitch.

Keaghan wasn't on the bench :blink: just saying lol 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Keaghan wasn't on the bench :blink: just saying lol 

That'll be why then lol, haven't seen anything of Sinclair for a while though, didn't expect to see him again this season. Suppose we were comfortable enough at 3-0 and Hopkin was bringing on a defensive midfielder to make sure we didn't concede a goal, rather than bring on Mullin for Cadden. *checks that Mullin was on the bench*.;).

#bettertobeplasticthantobeshite.

Brechin fans patter was pish. Calling us out for being cheats, then one said "let's all boo the criminals". Hilarious and woeful patter.

Great game from us after that horrendous game last week. Lithgow used his left foot which was a shock.
Halkett MOTM for me.
Didn't think much of Toderov with his quite "brutal" style of play but should settle in, would still rather have Carrick.

Dougie Hill is still a twat.
And Ally Love will be playing juniors next season.

We re maybe village nobodies with a shite team but we ve been well enough  run for 110 years ... No financial irregularities...No jumping towns to keep a team on the park ... Saying that your first ever victory was against us but you ll know that anyway ... And you won t have an easier game today ... I too are getting tired of this kicking teams off the park we ve seen in recent months ... But you guys can mix it as well ... 

Bechin's number 9 had some good moved and their goalkeeper pulled off dome good blocks to keep the score down; but Watt seemed to simply look embarrassed.

As for the rest well sorry guys bit i haven't seen lack of discipline in a team for quite some time. I dont remember them being anything like that earlier in the season.

56 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Bechin's number 9 had some good moved and their goalkeeper pulled off dome good blocks to keep the score down; but Watt seemed to simply look embarrassed.

As for the rest well sorry guys bit i haven't seen lack of discipline in a team for quite some time. I dont remember them being anything like that earlier in the season.

Not really at the races but we didn't expect anything from our first game in three weeks.  Very rusty.  The early goal killed off any chance we had to work any game plan. After that we were basically chasing shadows. We tried to compete in the first half but were well off it in the second. 

Obviously the home support see what they want to see but one really bad tackle hardly makes us a dirty team.  The sneaky off the ball elbows from some Livi guys are far more cynical in my opinion.    That bad foul apart, most of our bookings were for dissent.and kicking the ball away.  Frustration again at the inconsistent refereeing decisions. That said , I don't think they would have altered the outcome as we were well beaten. 

Glad to see we managed to noise up some of the plastic home fans though.  Just hope Fletcher Gallagher got his tag fastened securely and got home in time for his curfew .  

Not really at the races but we didn't expect anything from our first game in three weeks.  Very rusty.  The early goal killed off any chance we had to work any game plan. After that we were basically chasing shadows. We tried to compete in the first half but were well off it in the second. 
Obviously the home support see what they want to see but one really bad tackle hardly makes us a dirty team.  The sneaky off the ball elbows from some Livi guys are far more cynical in my opinion.    That bad foul apart, most of our bookings were for dissent.and kicking the ball away.  Frustration again at the inconsistent refereeing decisions. That said , I don't think they would have altered the outcome as we were well beaten. 
Glad to see we managed to noise up some of the plastic home fans though.  Just hope Fletcher Gallagher got his tag fastened securely and got home in time for his curfew .  

Who is Fletcher Gallagher?

Wouldn't quite say you noised us up. Was more your fans constant moaning about the ref making the right calls. Dougie Hill is a thug in a football kit and with his theatrics in the first half were more comedy award winning than Oscar nominated.
Ally Loves at least 2 dives to try and get one of our players sent off were woeful and should have seen a second yellow himself.
Calling us cheats for essentially gubbing you was scraping the bottom of the barrel for "banter".
If my team were to play and act like your team did today I would never return to see that team as, A you were shite and B, that horrid over-physical style of play is simply disgusting to watch.
And in addition it's better to be "plastic" than to be shite. Which evidently is what Mark Millar made Ally Love look like toward the end after a good dunk in the brown stuff.

Archived