Livi v Brechin

Aye fair play to you for supporting your local side.  To us outsiders it is a bit galling though seeing clubs like Livi  using the legal system to their advantage with no apparent moral embarrassment. An advantage which has seen Livi punch well above their weight for years.  The support basically expect the club to perform at the higher level without question, not really worrying how it has been achieved.  That is where the term plastic comes from. What surprises everyone is how a full time team can keep going with a hardcore 600 home support. 
As for the booing.  I think it was more a tit for tat thing as you lot seemed to have a gripe at Love and for some reason Dougie Hill .  If you can't take the banter back you shouldn't dish it out in the first place. As for Declan I think it was him who elbowed Love off the ball .  That is when the booing started.  Maybe a good thing we managed back to the bus before the baseball bat came out !!!   8)  (banter ) 

Dougie Hill has played against us many times with Raith and Alloa in recent seasons and has been a thug in every game.
I can understand why teams call us plastic and franchise etc. But do you really think Meadowbank would still be in business today with the other big 2 Edinburgh teams? I don't think so.
And you're correct in saying we have punched above our weight but we have produced some class players through the youth system on very little money.
I would love more people to turn up to Livi games and regularly convince my friend and girlfriend to come along to our games to bump up numbers. Our stadium was a situation inflicted on us by unfair league rules which have now been dumped.
I always enjoyed visiting Glebe Park in our early seasons but I reckon the best lower league ground is Balmoor which I visited a few weeks ago. I'd rather we had a stadium like that than the one we have which nowadays earns us (or the council) little money with the move of all cup finals to Hampden etc.
I'm passionate about my football team but we were deservedly relegated last season but are showing with a small budget can achieve some glory whilst trying to live in our means.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye fair play to you for supporting your local side.  To us outsiders it is a bit galling though seeing clubs like Livi  using the legal system to their advantage with no apparent moral embarrassment. An advantage which has seen Livi punch well above their weight for years.  The support basically expect the club to perform at the higher level without question, not really worrying how it has been achieved.  That is where the term plastic comes from. What surprises everyone is how a full time team can keep going with a hardcore 600 home support.   

Have a read of the Livingston thread here, and maybe revise what you've said. It's not all rosey in the garden.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Have a read of the Livingston thread here, and maybe revise what you've said. It's not all rosey in the garden.

As the numbers continue to drop perhaps the majority that are left are in fact the realists . So maybe the term plastic doesn't actually apply to those.   Going by some of the earlier posts on here though , I think a few are still kicking about . ;)

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think it was more the case of some not accepting the win too well.   I was merely giving a bit back .  Sorry to offend. ;)

No excuses I'm afraid.  As I said we were well beaten by a good side. 

(banter ) 

No offence taken, just came on and saw all the 'plastic' posts etc and wondered WTF!!!! :lol:

I sit behind the away dugout and was oblivious to the banter over by the away support, I just hear the banter directed towards the away manager which is usually entertaining. Not that I get involved in anything like that. :angel:whistle:lol:

Dougie Hill has played against us many times with Raith and Alloa in recent seasons and has been a thug in every game.
I can understand why teams call us plastic and franchise etc. But do you really think Meadowbank would still be in business today with the other big 2 Edinburgh teams? I don't think so.
And you're correct in saying we have punched above our weight but we have produced some class players through the youth system on very little money.
I would love more people to turn up to Livi games and regularly convince my friend and girlfriend to come along to our games to bump up numbers. Our stadium was a situation inflicted on us by unfair league rules which have now been dumped.
I always enjoyed visiting Glebe Park in our early seasons but I reckon the best lower league ground is Balmoor which I visited a few weeks ago. I'd rather we had a stadium like that than the one we have which nowadays earns us (or the council) little money with the move of all cup finals to Hampden etc.
I'm passionate about my football team but we were deservedly relegated last season but are showing with a small budget can achieve some glory whilst trying to live in our means.

Beats me why Livingston haven't put in astro. The ground is perfect for it. Large population would surely make it pay and at least the ground would be getting made better use of.

1 minute ago, theycallmetrinity said:

Beats me why Livingston haven't put in astro. The ground is perfect for it. Large population would surely make it pay and at least the ground would be getting made better use of.

It's down to the council, the ground is owned by them, the club want an Astro pitch to make better use of the ground in the community etc you'd think the council would be interested in that but they couldn't give a hoot about the club. 

Ironically it's because we don't have the money [emoji23]

Yep Astro pitch would be better, we have cut back on staff as well as player budget over the last few seasons and our pitch has suffered for it, will only get worse with the winter weather too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at your pitch. It's winter. Most lower league pitches suffer at this time of year

Archived