Booze-free Bar

smpar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

DRY will be offering up mocktails, alcohol-free wine and craft beers from 17 January until 28 February 2017 coinciding with Dry January New Year’s resolutions.

People who bang on about craft beers are annoying as f**k. I can only imagine how insufferable alcohol-free craft beer drinkers will be.

I bet the cooking demos will be for organic vegan food too.

14 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

The real issue is how is it going to make money? Fair enough the mark up on soft drinks is huge but people don't drink juice like they would alcohol in a pub. You wouldn't spend £20-£30 on juice after work ffs. It's surely not going to be busy enough to turn a profit.

Sneakily add a wee dash of the hard stuff to each drink.

17 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

The real issue is how is it going to make money? Fair enough the mark up on soft drinks is huge but people don't drink juice like they would alcohol in a pub. You wouldn't spend £20-£30 on juice after work ffs. It's surely not going to be busy enough to turn a profit.

Cafes make money.

2 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

"I thought it would be great to have somewhere to go that wasn't a pub but had a pub-like environment", would be my guess.

Starbucks with a jukebox and a pool table it is then

A completely booze free bar is a terrible idea.

Thats not to say that we don't need to change bar culture. At the Margo Price gig in Oran Mor last night I paid £3.80 for a bottle of Sol (was driving so I only ever have 1 beer at the very start of the night). My next drink was a pint of soda water and blackcurrant that cost £3.05.

£3.05 for a non-alcoholic drink that's nothing more than fizzy water and cordial?

The government talk about minimum pricing for alcohol. What about folk who are happy to go out socially, who for whatever reason aren't going to be drinking alcohol (in my case because I had the car) and who face rip off prices?

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thats not to say that we don't need to change bar culture. At the Margo Price gig in Oran Mor last night I paid £3.80 for a bottle of Sol (was driving so I only ever have 1 beer at the very start of the night). My next drink was a pint of soda water and blackcurrant that cost £3.05.

£3.05 for a non-alcoholic drink that's nothing more than fizzy water and cordial?

The government talk about minimum pricing for alcohol. What about folk who are happy to go out socially, who for whatever reason aren't going to be drinking alcohol (in my case because I had the car) and who face rip off prices?

This annoys the fcuk out of me. Luckily I rarely don't drink, but there shouldn't be a penalty for trying to drink less alcohol for whatever reason.

It's why I'm happy to pay my share of a kitty if I've got the car or I'm only having a couple welshbairn.

With the costs of soft drinks in pubs, I'm absolutely fine with paying into a kitty. If I have a couple of beers then switch to soft drinks, I'll still be spending a reasonably close amount to those sticking to pints.

My next drink was a pint of soda water and blackcurrant that cost £3.05.

That's appalling pricing. I wouldn't have paid for it. Tell them to get it down the sink, fucking thieves.

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

That's appalling pricing. I wouldn't have paid for it. Tell them to get it down the sink, fucking thieves.

It would work out less than a pound a drink for you though ;) 

39 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thats not to say that we don't need to change bar culture. At the Margo Price gig in Oran Mor last night I paid £3.80 for a bottle of Sol (was driving so I only ever have 1 beer at the very start of the night)

Serves you right, fucking Sol!

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Serves you right, fucking Sol!

Oran Mor doesnt sell decent beer. It's chemical-laden piss water.

39 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It was a sell out crowd. I was thirsty. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived