Things You're Generally Rubbish At

My coordination is terrible.  Years ago I had a go on one of those Nintendo Wii games that required you to plant your feet on and off the board in time to music or some shite like that.  I was genuinely that bad at it that i took a massive strop and fucked off out because I thought the game was cheating me. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm terrible at taking instructions. If someone describes where something is, for example "pass me that piece of paper right there", I'll start spinning around frantically, looking high and low as if it's been hidden somewhere discrete, only for them to point out it's literally right in front of me. I think it's linked to how awkward I can be in the company of people I don't know well.

Since noticing how shite I am at some simple instructions, it's made me even worse because I'm aware of it now. Some simple instruction can send me into an immediate, but not obvious, panic.

I should also add ironing shirt sleeves which can seriously drive me around the bend.  I'll get it almost acceptable with a single small crease, try to iron it out and put a massive crease somewhere else.  This will be repeated numerous times before I say f*** it and just get a jumper to cover it up.

I am rubbish at controlling my emotions.This also links to me being rubbish at multitasking. If I'm putting together a table, painting or just building anything in general and someone tries to talk to me or give me something I throw an absolute wobbler and end up telling someone to f**k off. It's the reason why my girlfriend and son refer to me as " The Crackup".  It won't take much diffficulty to get me extremely annoyed. Especially if I concede a last minute goal on Fifa. That drives me over the edge and I feel the need to smash my controller against a wall. Or put the boot into the door. The door has got it a few times and five controllers have been a victim of my rage. 

Cooking as well. The only thing I can actually make is toast. Pretty sure I failed miserably at boiling an egg once. 

I'm not good at confronting an issue that has been bothering me - I think about it too much when the person isn't there then when t comes down to it I go all soft and don't want to offend the person or argue with them, maybe a general fear of confrontation.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I'm not good at confronting an issue that has been bothering me - I think about it too much when the person isn't there then when t comes down to it I go all soft and don't want to offend the person or argue with them, maybe a general fear of confrontation.

Your girlfriend and the cycle courier?  It's why you drink so much.

Your girlfriend and the cycle courier?  It's why you drink so much.

Haha - mostly work related stuff and disputes that I have with people, usually just complain about it to other people and don't bother confronting the main issues as an argument is inconvenient. Not really related to my drinking.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Haha - mostly work related stuff and disputes that I have with people, usually just complain about it to other people and don't bother confronting the main issues as an argument is inconvenient. Not really related to my drinking.

index-finger-12.21.jpg

tumblr_static_6olv5ssn2fkso80wkw0kwgwoo.

I'm rubbish at comforting women when they get upset. Male friends I'm happy to talk things through over a few pints, but the best I can do with women is, "ah well, shit happens.", or if they're attractive give them a hug and see if it leads anywhere. They never seem to want to put things in perspective, just want you to agree with whatever they're whining about, and if you don't you're a heartless c**t.

31 minutes ago, DavidMccorquodale said:

I am rubbish at controlling my emotions.This also links to me being rubbish at multitasking. If I'm putting together a table, painting or just building anything in general and someone tries to talk to me or give me something I throw an absolute wobbler and end up telling someone to f**k off. It's the reason why my girlfriend and son refer to me as " The Crackup".  It won't take much diffficulty to get me extremely annoyed. Especially if I concede a last minute goal on Fifa. That drives me over the edge and I feel the need to smash my controller against a wall. Or put the boot into the door. The door has got it a few times and five controllers have been a victim of my rage. 

Cooking as well. The only thing I can actually make is toast. Pretty sure I failed miserably at boiling an egg once. 

You David are, what's known in the trade as, an arsehole.

Archived