Things You're Generally Rubbish At

What are your weaknesses?  

I'll get the ball rolling:

• Remembering numbers:  Key codes, dates (it's "Remember remember the, erm... something-th of November") and combinations in general.  PINs are fine but only because it's the pattern on the keypad that gets punched in.  My mental arithmetic is appalling tbh, but it's always been that way, even in pre-mobile phone pocket calculator era.   
  • Threading needles.  I could be at all night getting the string through, but the Ballistic Bob moment usually comes well before that, particularly when you finally get the string through and it falls back out. Seething really isn't the word.
  • Cooking without getting food up the wall.  No idea how I manage it, it just happens. That and chopping veg which is a glacial process with me.  In fact, just anything kitchen related.
  • Football.  Left foot does not compute.
  • I'm a bit of a perfectionist.  See, for me it's got to be the best or it's nothing at all.  If things get a bit dodgy I just cannae be bothered.

Over to you...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are your weaknesses?  
I'll get the ball rolling:
  • Remembering numbers:  Key codes, dates (it's "Remember remember the, erm... something-th of November") and combinations in general.  PINs are fine but only because it's the pattern on the keypad that gets punched in.

I've had few panics abroad when the keypads are sometimes upside down.

Cleaning. I generally keep my digs pretty tidy but I can't clean a mirror and not leave it all streaky.
Also pish at threading a needle and sewing, as I found out recently. Pretty mince at ironing.
Definitely my worst trait is not being able to curtail my bevvying. If I go out for a pint 99/100 I'll end up absolutely reeking. Not usually an issue as I tend not to drink through the week but it's usually all or nothing.

Archived