Things You're Generally Rubbish At

My sis could cup her hands over her mouth and make owl sounds. Never came close to mastering that. Can do the whistling with fingers in mouth though. I hook my pinkies over the bottom row of teeth, move the tongue back and blow. For those who can't do it, just practice practice practice. 

Well cheers! I've now looked absolutely ridiculous practising the whistling in a pub, on the upside, I can now do the owl thing and the barman thinks he may have a Strigidae problem.

What a hoot!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My sis could cup her hands over her mouth and make owl sounds. Never came close to mastering that. Can do the whistling with fingers in mouth though. I hook my pinkies over the bottom row of teeth, move the tongue back and blow. For those who can't do it, just practice practice practice. 

I used to be able to do the owl thing. Haven't tried for years. Know what I'll do when I'm in the pub on Friday...

21 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Do I still have to give money to charity?

No, it's OK. You can just give it to me.

I've never been able to do the fingers-in-the-mouth whistle but following the directions given here, I gave it a go. First attempt, I loosed off a piercing screech that scared the crap out of the dogs. Sadly, I haven't been able to reproduce that since. As for the owl noise; I used to be able to that but haven't tried in about 40 years. Apparently I can't do it any more. I see my work day being even less productive than usual.

Archived