Im looking to book a football break in europe and not having done it before 

Does anybody know of a reputable company for tickets hotel flights or am i 

Better booking separately  your help would be much appreciated 

Not realy bothered where to its a surprise gift  for the end of February 

Cheers in advance

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll save a fortune booking it yourself. I'd look at the places with the cheapest flights first, see what games interest you, try to get tickets booked on the club website, then book flights and hotel.

25 minutes ago, calum_gers said:

Has anyone been to the Olimpico in Rome? I'm going to be there for the last 32 of the Europa league, where is it best to get tickets for?

You can get tickets from The Lazio or Roma website for games there,both have an english option,curva nord is alright

Has anyone been to the Olimpico in Rome? I'm going to be there for the last 32 of the Europa league, where is it best to get tickets for?

I was there in November and got tickets for the game against Victoria Plzen the day before in the Roma store not far from the Trevi Fountain. Would expect a game against Villareal will draw a much bigger crowd than the game I was at but still don't think it would be anywhere near a sell out. Second time I'd been and both times I've sat in the Curva Nord.

A thing to remember is that most games you can just turn up and buy a ticket. My last one was a Marseille home game and got my ticket at the tourist office in town on the day of the match. The online ticket agencies are total shysters.

On 1/23/2017 at 15:16, tentpeg said:

Im looking to book a football break in europe and not having done it before 

Does anybody know of a reputable company for tickets hotel flights or am i 

Better booking separately  your help would be much appreciated 

Not realy bothered where to its a surprise gift  for the end of February 

Cheers in advance

Go to Tenerife and just turn up at the local Tercera Division games. They are all within travelling distance once you are there. Or Tenerife might be at home.

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Go to Tenerife and just turn up at the local Tercera Division games. They are all within travelling distance once you are there. Or Tenerife might be at home.

I did that on saturday,2-0 v Cordoba 10 euros to get in

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I did that on saturday,2-0 v Cordoba 10 euros to get in

I was at Ibarra v. Santa Ursula on Saturday and Marino v. Telde on the Sunday before. 2-0 and 3-0. I've been to Marino on other visits as well. I was too lazy (not allowed) to go to the Tenerife game, which had been my first intention. Tercera level is quite good. 8 euros each for those two.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was at Ibarra v. Santa Ursula on Saturday and Marino v. Telde on the Sunday before. 2-0 and 3-0. I've been to Marino on other visits as well. I was too lazy (not allowed) to go to the Tenerife game, which had been my first intention. Tercera level is quite good. 8 euros each for those two.

I was on a weekender sarge,had a car on sat for an island tour with the missus with the stop off for the fitba was a lovely day apart from the mountain roads which i wouldnt even dream of doing in the dark

Just now, doulikefish said:

I was on a weekender sarge,had a car on sat for an island tour with the missus with the stop off for the fitba was a lovely day apart from the mountain roads which i wouldnt even dream of doing in the dark

10 days in Los Cristianos, I don't think many of the Brit locals even know they have a team. Prefer to watch the telly in the hoops bar.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

10 days in Los Cristianos, I don't think many of the Brit locals even know they have a team. Prefer to watch the telly in the hoops bar.

I was in the hard rock in adeje,just asked the boy at reception about tickets etc and he was quite impressed i was going so gave me and the missus a couple of free cocktail vouchers for the bar when we got back:lol:

Just now, doulikefish said:

I was in the hard rock in adeje,just asked the boy at reception about tickets etc and he was quite impressed i was going so gave me and the missus a couple of free cocktail vouchers for the bar when we got back:lol:

We were yards apart. Granny Danger was there as well I think.

On 1/24/2017 at 17:34, Duff Man said:

If Mönchengladbach interests you then let me know as I go atleast twice a year so know it inside out. Could easily help you put something together. Mönchengladbach only a 20 minute train from Düsseldorf so it's a pretty attractive option. 

Have you any tips/connections for getting standing tickets at Borussia Park? Or is it always a viagogo job?

Have used Dusseldorf as a base last couple of years mainly getting standing tickets in the away ends, but have traveled as far as Bremen and Mainz for games. Would be good to be in the home end standing section at Mönchengladbach, Koln etc

Have you any tips/connections for getting standing tickets at Borussia Park? Or is it always a viagogo job?
Have used Dusseldorf as a base last couple of years mainly getting standing tickets in the away ends, but have traveled as far as Bremen and Mainz for games. Would be good to be in the home end standing section at Mönchengladbach, Koln etc

Have you tried contacting Borussia directly?

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Have you tried contacting Borussia directly?

Yeah - they said that the only tickets they have available are those that show on the website i.e. only in the seating areas, none in the standing section. And that was the case for every game I checked

31 minutes ago, Landry Zahanioni said:

Yeah - they said that the only tickets they have available are those that show on the website i.e. only in the seating areas, none in the standing section. And that was the case for every game I checked

Some times the cheap seats or standing places are reserved for club members and locals. Might be worth asking on the club's fan's forum, somebody might help you out.

Definitely avoid the agencies. There's no need to use them these days as it's all quite easy to do yourself.

Whenever I do this I just spend an afternoon on the laptop noting down flight dates, times and prices and then check that with the fixture lists for that weekend/midweek. It's always easy enough to work something out. Usually more than one game - Europe is quite compact in terms of its fitba.

Remember to check that the kick off times and dates you see are confirmed. In Germany, for example, the dates and times aren't actually confirmed until often just a few weeks beforehand. You don't want to end up missing a game.

18 hours ago, Duff Man said:

The standing section (Nordkurve lower) very rarely goes out for public sale as the Season tickets have the majority taken up plus the Mietgleiderschaft get the rest of them before public sale. 2 options, you can buy a ticket for the Nordkurve upper and (easily) sneak into the lower standing area, or if you PM me your e-mail address I'll put you in contact with my mate at the Fan Projekt, how many tickets you looking for?

ETA - My ticket for this Saturdays game v Freiburg is for the upper Nordkurve, so will see for definite how easy it is to get in the lower section. Usually I always have a ticket for the lower Nordkurve, not this time for some reason.

My friends and I haven't made any concrete plans to go back to Dusseldorf this year because we were unsure of getting standing tickets at a ground we've not been to. But if we do organise something I'll definitely drop you a line as getting into the standing section at Borussia Park would be brilliant.

Let me know how you get on this weekend.

Archived