SUPERBOWL LI

lichtie23

The three holding and one PI that resulted in first downs weren't even close calls,all blatant.

Despite that drive being returned for a pick 6 it was the only sliver of hope I had was that even at that point in the first half the Falcons D looked tired and were getting sloppy.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2017 at 05:39, Swarley said:

Anyone heard from [mention=14733]Spain[/mention] recently? Is he still drunk in a dumpster round the back of some Hooters in Houston?

Just got back last night. Hanging by a thread at work today.

It was brilliant though. My one attempt at a photo didn't do the bar I was watching it in justice - I took it really early on but never bothered after that as I'd started drinking games around 6 hours before KO. That and for some reason my data on my phone wasn't working so couldn't send anything anyway except for when I had wifi, and I'd also broken my phone by drunkenly dropping it a couple of days earlier in the middle of Bourbon St in New Orleans.

The place I was watching it in was massive though, had two huge rooms inside reserved for each team, another one for anyone else and then a massive bit outside. I would say around 2/3rds were neutrals, and slightly more of the rest were Falcons fans than Patriots.

The bar looks like this from the outisde, the entire green building is the bar itself. It's wedged between the Houston Dynamo ground and the Houston Rocket's stadium (the Soccer & Basketball teams).

eado-end-zone-luckys-pub-houston-2017-69

As for the game itself, the atmosphere changed completely once the Falcons were pushed out of FG range. The Pats fans were quietly nervous, while the Falcons fans were completely shitting themselves. I think I'm going to have to watch the game back though, as much of it is a hazy drunken blur now.

I now also no longer hate the Patriots quite as much. Why? Simple; me and my pal spent the night afterwards with two of the most beautiful Patriot fans I've ever seen. I mean these girls were 10's and then some. Both medical reps, and exactly every stereotype you've ever heard about US medical reps. I thank my accent for that.

Weirdest moment was randomly bumping into a guy at the bar, and instantly recognizing his Inverness accent

... me and my pal spent the night afterwards with two of the most beautiful Patriot fans I've ever seen. I mean these girls were 10's and then some. Both medical reps, and exactly every stereotype you've ever heard about US medical reps. I thank my accent for that....

post-35374-nicolas-cage-fist-bump-gif-Con-8QKy.gif

Just got back last night. Hanging by a thread at work today.
It was brilliant though. My one attempt at a photo didn't do the bar I was watching it in justice though - I took it really early on but never bothered after that I'd started drinking games around 6 hours before KO. That and for some reason my data on my phone wasn't working so couldn't send anything anyway except for when I had wifi, and I'd also broken my phone by drunkenly dropping it a couple of days earlier in the middle of Bourbon St in New Orleans.
The place I was watching it in though was massive though, had two huge rooms inside reserved for each team, another one for anyone else and then a massive bit outside. I would say around 2/3rds were neutrals, and slightly more of the rest were Falcons fans than Patriots.
The bar looks like this from the outisde, the entire green building is the bar itself. It's wedged between the Houston Dynamo ground and the Houston Rocket's stadium (the Soccer & Baseball teams).
  eado-end-zone-luckys-pub-houston-2017-696x407.jpeg
As for the game itself, the atmosphere changed completely once the Falcons were pushed out of FG range. The Pats fans were quietly nervous, while the Falcons fans were completely shitting themselves. I think I'm going to have to watch the game back though, as much of it is a hazy drunken blur now.
I now also no longer hate the Patriots quite as much. Why? Simple; me and my pal spent the night afterwards with two of the most beautiful Patriot fans I've ever seen. I mean these girls were 10's and then some. Both medical reps, and exactly every stereotype you've ever heard about US medical reps. I thank my accent for that.
Weirdest moment was randomly bumping into a guy at the bar, and instantly recognizing his Inverness accent

Rockets are a basketball team

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Rockets are a basketball team

I know this. I blame my sleep deprived brain. I edited that post at least twice just fix basic typos.

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

“You wouldn’t know her, she’s from up my grans’ bit Houston”

They were from Dallas actually, down in Houston for work but came a couple of days early for the game. They didn't seem to have a valid reason for being Patriot fans other than Tom Brady it appears though.

On 09/02/2017 at 15:50, Spain said:

I know this. I blame my sleep deprived brain. I edited that post at least twice just fix basic typos.

They were from Dallas actually, down in Houston for work but came a couple of days early for the game. They didn't seem to have a valid reason for being Patriot fans other than Tom Brady it appears though.

Pics or GTF 

Archived