SUPERBOWL LI

lichtie23

IMG_1485139268.176753.jpg.12979f1e66ddcf

The 51st Super Bowl takes place in Houston on February 5th when the NFC Champion Atlanta Falcons square off against the AFC Champion New England Patriots.

The Falcons won the NFC south with an 11-5 record which secured them the number 2 seed in the NFC and followed that with very impressive wins over the Seahawks and Packers. The Falcons are lead by MVP hopeful Matt Ryan who threw for just under 5000 yards (2nd most in league behind Drew Brees) and 38 TDs in the regular season and are coached by 2nd Year Head Coach Dan Quinn. Quinn was the Seahawks DC in both Super Bowl 48 and 49. In Julio Jones the Falcons have possibly the best Wide Reciever in football. He had an epic NFC Championship totalling 180 yards on 9 catches and found the end zone twice. This is the Falcons 2nd Super Bowl appearance, their first coming in the 1998-99 season when they were defeated 34-19 by the John Elway lead Denver Broncos.

The Patriots are competing in their 9th Super Bowl and are coming off a 14-2 regular season record which seen them win the AFC East and secure the AFC number 1 seed. Comfortable wins over the Texans and Steelers followed. Future Hall of Famer Tom Brady, who missed 4 games through suspension threw for 3554 yards and 28 TDs while only throwing 2 INTs in a very impressive regular season campaign. Head Coach Bill Bellichick is aiming for his 5th Super Bowl victory. The patriots were in the big game 2 years ago when they defeated the Seahawks 28-24. Malcolm Butler the hero that night with a game clinching INT in the dieing seconds.

This will be the third time the super bowl will be held in Houston and the 2nd at NRG Stadium (formerly Reliant Stadium).

The game kicks off at 23.30 our time and will be shown live on Sky Sports 1 and the BBC

IMG_1485139302.808063.jpg.3b012305d444c0IMG_1485139309.876769.thumb.jpg.4a214ccf

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Spain said:

'Mon the Falcons! I fly out next Wednesday for this. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

If we don't see a Nicolas Cage/P&B inspired banner in the crowd we'll be VERY disappointed!

52 minutes ago, Swarley said:

If we don't see a Nicolas Cage/P&B inspired banner in the crowd we'll be VERY disappointed!

Yeah I should clarify each time, but I'm only going tailgating I'm not in the Stadium itself.

Yeah I should clarify each time, but I'm only going tailgating I'm not in the Stadium itself.

Piffle get yourself a ticket from a scalper outside the ground. Or wear some Patriots training gear and sneak in.

17 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Piffle get yourself a ticket from a scalper outside the ground. Or wear some Patriots training gear and sneak in.

I think they'd recognize me in my latex Nic Cage mask though.

Cmon the Pats,wanna see Brady get another super bowl ring,that will be one for every finger on one hand. 
Think we're in for a classic,much like 2 yrs ago,bring it on :thumsup2

All set up for a cracking game in 2 weeks, Mon The Pats!

giphy.gif

I know 3 pats fans in my age group and all 3 are old firm fans. I think that speaks volumes. 

Started following The NFL back in the early/mid 80's when Ch4 started showing weekly highlights, Chose the Patriots then (when they were shite) for no other reason than I'd visited Boston/Boston area as a teenager and really enjoyed it there.

Think there's a lot of fans from that Ch4 weekly round up era. Certainly got me watching and following at that time. Remember the Pats getting beat by the Bears, Fridge and company in about the 1st Superbowl I watched. They were pretty poor for a long time tbh.

I started following the Falcons when they changed their uniforms to black under Jerry

Glanville early 90's. Just thought he was a character and liked the black mean team idea. Yet somehow never took to raiders.

Anyway, here's hoping the Pats get stuffed.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Started following The NFL back in the early/mid 80's when Ch4 started showing weekly highlights, Chose the Patriots then (when they were shite) for no other reason than I'd visited Boston/Boston area as a teenager and really enjoyed it there.

Such an OF fan response. 

Archived