Boring

Queenserse

On 23/01/2017 at 09:02, heedthebaa said:

This forum all changed when City started winning games and you stopped being a frothy moothed Spartans hating mess :P

I notice we've been drawn against our cuddly non-League noisy North Edinburgh neighbours in the City Cup. If you can wait until March and a hat-trick of dodgy Ross Allum penalties against us I'm sure I can turn into a frothy moothed Spartans hating mess again! 

Good points though I'm sure years ago that's why SPFL went to 10 teams in leagues to prevent meaningless games but like you say 4 times a season gets boring. 
I suppose there's nae real answers. 

I certainly got bored of the football in the SPFL. There was one season due to cups and play-offs we faced Forfar 7 times. I must admit I would prefer to go to bigger leagues, you'll understand when you need to put up with 'the big team' Clyde fans 4 times a season forever because they'll never escape that league.

The ten team, League Two, playing the same 9 teams, over and over again, was extremely boring, then the following season, the prospect of playing, possibly, 8 of those same teams........

There should be 16 team leagues throughout Scottish football, from top to bottom, with greater movement between divisions.

Automatic 2 up/ 2 down, then playoffs for a third place. 3 up/ 3 down, even and playoffs for a fourth place. 12 of the 16 teams would achieve safety, which is a better than at present, where only 8 out of 10 are safe, giving more opportunities to blood young players.

this lowland league forum is just shecht 2 b honest with so many cracking junior/amateur/youth games oan on a Saturday that offer great entertainment who wants to watch teams like preston and ormiston lol

1 hour ago, brycey said:

this lowland league forum is just shecht 2 b honest with so many cracking junior/amateur/youth games oan on a Saturday that offer great entertainment who wants to watch teams like preston and ormiston lol

I mind Fauldhoose v HoB 1-3 back in April was the highlight of my season right enough. Cracking crowd too, must have been almost 40 there.

16 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I mind Fauldhoose v HoB 1-3 back in April was the highlight of my season right enough. Cracking crowd too, must have been almost 40 there.

Dangerous for an older gentleman like yourself Mantis ... you could have slipped on the crumbling terracing and landed on a buckfast bottle. 

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

that's 20 more than you lot get lol

12 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Dangerous for an older gentleman like yourself Mantis ... you could have slipped on the crumbling terracing and landed on a buckfast bottle. 

The buckfast bottles are a necessity behind each goal Rab in case the goalkeeper wants a pish. 

Says it all really :D

Just visible through the packed crowd. 
IMG_2252.PNG

Also note the park is partially surrounded by conifer trees. In the summer months, toward the end of the season or at the start of the season, Fauldhouse is horrendous to watch a game without getting ravaged by midges.

Archived