Hearts v Raith cup replay date tbc

Chimter-boys

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you were there Raithie , I'd do the same when we are due 40% of it after expenses.

The Stand opposite the one we were in, was half empty. We also had quite a few empty seats down the front in our section. There is no way of knowing how many empty seats there were in the stand to our left, and in the Hearts section in our stand as well. The only Stand that looked relatively full was the stand to our right. So why are you still questioning the crowd?

I thought Matthews was your weakest player on the night. Looked a complete passenger on the right. Callachan on the other hand was immense in central midfield but Thomson did not deliver sadly.

I notice McManus gets a lot of stick on Raith P and B but anytime I have seen him he looks a handful. Certainly his partnership with Stewart was excellent last night.

If McManus is surplus to requirements please send him down to Palmerston.

His partnership with Stewart was outstanding last night.

Nobody has doubted McManus' ability. Everyone knows he can be a cracking player. His work rate can be phenomenal at times. His confidence has been shot for months though. His goal on Sunday looks to have injected a bit of confidence back into him at least.

Matthews is a cracking defensive-mid. He isn't a winger though. His best performance to date has to be away to Celtic in last seasons league cup where he had Scott Brown in his back pocket the whole game.

Callachan in the last 2 games has showed why we've been slating him all season. It's because we know he can play like that. Our MotM in both games IMO.

Oh ffs give the crowd conspiracies a break. Dull as f**k

Looking at the video both penalties look entirely avoidable. Between those and their equaliser, we gifted Hearts 3 goals. Throw in the one on Sunday and that makes 4. That's the only disappointment over the ties.

Lots of positives. Thought that was possibly Callachan's best performance in a Rovers shirt. Superb effort 

As poor as the first goal is from Thompson, I'd say McHattie is as much to blame, if not more. Diving in is absolutely the last thing you should do when defending a 3 on 3 on the half way line, school boy stuff. 

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Oh ffs give the crowd conspiracies a break. Dull as f**k

Looking at the video both penalties look entirely avoidable. Between those and their equaliser, we gifted Hearts 3 goals. Throw in the one on Sunday and that makes 4. That's the only disappointment over the ties.

Lots of positives. Thought that was possibly Callachan's best performance in a Rovers shirt. Superb effort 

32 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

As poor as the first goal is from Thompson, I'd say McHattie is as much to blame, if not more. Diving in is absolutely the last thing you should do when defending a 3 on 3 on the half way line, school boy stuff. 

Agree with both of these. Aside from M'Voto and some of the saves from Cuthbert, it was a poor performance defensively. 

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hearts were pretty poor last night, but folk saying we were lucky?  Come off it, we were clearly the better team overall.  Fair play to Raith though, they dug in very well and looked dangerous on the counter attack, not sure what Locke's beef with the penalties were though, both looked stick ons from tired tackles for me.

John Souttar needs to cut out the stupid mistakes, that one for the 2nd equaliser was horrific from a nothing ball.  He seems to be having one a game just now.

Hoping that once players like Nicholson are back to fitness and we have Djoum back as well as a new signing or two we improve, because we'll certainly need to after the last two games.

On a side note, where were Cowie and Nowak?  I assume carrying knocks, but never seen it mentioned anywhere.

You could say you were a tad lucky as we should have finished it on Sunday without the need for a replay

On 25/01/2017 at 18:40, Hercy said:

Were both our goals not pretty decent? Am sure if I mind right Hartleys was quite the run and finish. 

Hartley was put in on a break, ran from about halfway and calmly slotted it into the net IIRC. Was a cracking game, just like last nights. 

21 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

That costs us money as well.

indeed. What a fucking clown. :lol:

9 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

What?  Hearts got not only one penalty but two?  I for one am shocked at this.  Diving cheating c***s.  Regardless of the owner.  

:D

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Yet another tynecastle sell out 

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Archived