Hearts v Raith cup replay date tbc

Chimter-boys

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You were saying that last week, mind.

Have to admit I was shocked at how bad Hearts were. I'm assuming that they can't be that bad next time round, especially at Tynecastle.

As for us, I think today is about as good it gets for us these days unfortunately.

If it goes to extra time and penalties will Cathro be allowed to stay out that late?

May be better for Hearts if he is subject to an early curfew - let's be kind and say that his communication skills need some fine tuning.

As for the playing side Hearts are now going down the route of signing non descript foreign players with no Scottish identity or feeling for the club.Sincerely hope that Cathro knows where he is going because I would imagine that most Hearts fans are bemused with his appointment and singularly unimpressed with team's performance to date.

Early days of course but if these post match interviews don't improve Johnathan Watson and the Only an Excuse team will be adding a new character to their existing repertoire.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

I didn't think replays could be staged the midweek after the original tie due to policing/ticketing etc.

Under the rules the default is 10/11 days later, but they can be earlier if both clubs agree (obviously if the police said "no" it wouldn't happen either).

Couple of us were pondering on another thread whether Hearts and Raith had a choice - or were just told to in order to avoid cancelling Hearts v Rangers.

If the weather turned and it was off on Wednesday it would, if the rules were followed, be tried on every subsequent Monday (or Tuesday if both clubs agree) and Wednesday until completed.

If Hearts had played well today, we'd have been scudded in the first half. If they turn up and play like they did again, we certainly have a chance. Another abysmal 45 minutes from ourselves needs to be avoided, however. We may not be so fortunate next time. 

Cathro seemed a bit rattled after the game today, which will hopefully carry on until Wednesday. I've not really heard much from him so maybe he is just an oddball, but that was a really weird interview he gave. 

I imagine McManus will start, and hopefully Jason Thomson starts as the link between the midfield and attack wasn't good enough (again). Jordan Thompson needs dropped as well. 

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Under the rules the default is 10/11 days later, but they can be earlier if both clubs agree (obviously if the police said "no" it wouldn't happen either).

Couple of us were pondering on another thread whether Hearts and Raith had a choice - or were just told to in order to avoid cancelling Hearts v Rangers.

If the weather turned and it was off on Wednesday it would, if the rules were followed, be tried on every subsequent Monday (or Tuesday if both clubs agree) and Wednesday until completed.

Clears it up well. Cheers HJ.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

May be better for Hearts if he is subject to an early curfew - let's be kind and say that his communication skills need some fine tuning.

As for the playing side Hearts are now going down the route of signing non descript foreign players with no Scottish identity or feeling for the club.Sincerely hope that Cathro knows where he is going because I would imagine that most Hearts fans are bemused with his appointment and singularly unimpressed with team's performance to date.

Early days of course but if these post match interviews don't improve Johnathan Watson and the Only an Excuse team will be adding a new character to their existing repertoire.

We had Hamilton, Souttar, Walker starting and 3 young Scots on the bench. Paterson and Nicholson are out long term. Are you expecting an entire squad of Scots?

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

He has to start somewhere, we just have to let him learn his trade, make his mistakes and he will become a good coach in time.

Genuine question, why wasn't this same attitude shown towards Neilson?

Archived