Balance Sheet FC/Raith V Scottish Cup Holders Hibernian FC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

So you're telling me Hibs' legs went on 35 minutes at 1-0 up and Hearts were "on top" after that?

How did Hearts get on in the next round?

Yes. Hearts were on top for a good 50/60 minutes if you're suggesting otherwise I doubt you were at the game. Hibs got their goal early and seemed to tire.Hearts werent in the next round mate.

38 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

IMG_1486718175.940305.jpg

'On top for a good 50/60 minutes' :lol:

That's the stats for the whole game silly. Hibs were on top first 30 minutes and should've been out of sight, Hearts were on top the rest. Im sure you could bump the match thread if you cared so much as it was discussed at the time. Not that it has any significance now and the only stat that matters is the scoreline.

16 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

just remembered hearts fans celebrating they two offside goals last season in the replay :lol: 

That's all they done despite apparently dominating the game for 50/60 mins. I can't remember many more good attacks from them.

I reckon the team for Sunday will be along the lines of:

Hamilton

Struna     Avlonitis   Hughes   Sowah

Cowie  Kitchen   Tziolis

Walker                                   Nicholson

Goncalves

Subs:  Noring, Nowak, Martin, Djoum, Johnsen, Choulay, Rherras

Martin might well start in the middle, but i can't see him playing if we go with Nicholson.  Harsh to drop johnsen too, but Isma's 2nd half performance up top last Saturday gives Cathro a decision to make.  if it is that we still have decent quality on the bench which can make a difference

Laidlaw 

gray 

mcgregor

fontaine (painfully) 

Lewis Stevenson 

mcginn

bartley 

fyvie 

keatings 

holt 

Cummings 

really really don't know whether we should play with wingers but as its a Derby it'll be mostly in the middle of the park. That midfield has plenty grit and ability. Maybe McGeouch in for Bartley but that's all I'd change. If Shinnie starts this I will be utterly fucking seething. A shitebag which the game will just pass by. 

Hamilton
            Cowie  Kitchen   Tziolis
                     Goncalves
Martin might well start in the middle, but i can't see him playing if we go with Nicholson.  Harsh to drop johnsen too, but Isma's 2nd half performance up top last Saturday gives Cathro a decision to make.  if it is that we still have decent quality on the bench which can make a difference

I don't think Nicholson is fit enough for 90 minutes. I think it would be better having him off the bench for the last 30 whiles he's still sharp and the defence is tiring. That said, I see your point about having someone like Johnsen on the bench.

Good to have all these options on the bench for a change, which was arguably our undoing last time out.

18 minutes ago, Fitba Tips said:

Are Djoum and Rherras definitely back for this one?

Djoum must have been on the tear for a few days.

Aye.  Djoum only got back yesterday so will be on the bench.  Rherras was on the bench last Saturday I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I don't think Nicholson is fit enough for 90 minutes. I think it would be better having him off the bench for the last 30 whiles he's still sharp and the defence is tiring. That said, I see your point about having someone like Johnsen on the bench.

Good to have all these options on the bench for a change, which was arguably our undoing last time out.

He's had what 4 appearances and one start since he's been back?  I reckon we'll play him, he can run himself into the ground for 60 minutes and then you can bring someone else like Choulay on once the game is stretched.  I just think we'll go with one or two boys who know what the fixture is about, although I wouldn't be amazed to see him on the bench either.

33 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Laidlaw 

gray 

mcgregor

fontaine (painfully) 

Lewis Stevenson 

mcginn

bartley 

fyvie 

keatings 

holt 

Cummings 

really really don't know whether we should play with wingers but as its a Derby it'll be mostly in the middle of the park. That midfield has plenty grit and ability. Maybe McGeouch in for Bartley but that's all I'd change. If Shinnie starts this I will be utterly fucking seething. A shitebag which the game will just pass by. 

That team genuinely made me laugh. You're getting reamed.

3 minutes ago, Pailleman said:

That team genuinely made me laugh. You're getting reamed.

Heard all this last season before we put you back in your place. You're our bitches and we decide who wins on Sunday. I hope we utterly humiliate you and every man, women and child are brought to tears in the home end. I want to see you suffer. Hearts cunts.

58 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hamilton

Cowie  Kitchen   Tziolis

Goncalves

He's played two up top so far so I reckon we will stick with the team picked against Motherwell. That leaves sam and choulay to come off the bench.

Archived