Balance Sheet FC/Raith V Scottish Cup Holders Hibernian FC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness I'll be fucking raging if we get beat here. Throughout my lifetime it's been seen as totally unacceptable to lose to Hearts. The concept is almost alien to me. I think that filters down to the players too, you can actually see it on the park. Regardless of what form each side is in, Hibs turn up expecting to win whereas Hearts turn up in hope more than anything. That's what separates us from the risible, vermin filth.

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

In all seriousness I'll be fucking raging if we get beat here. Throughout my lifetime it's been seen as totally unacceptable to lose to Hearts. The concept is almost alien to me. I think that filters down to the players too, you can actually see it on the park. Regardless of what form each side is in, Hibs turn up expecting to win whereas Hearts turn up in hope more than anything. That's what separates us from the risible, vermin filth.

Spot on, m9. 

In all seriousness, I expect Hearts to progress and I don't think we should be worried about that. I'd say we're a better team at the moment.

Italics on should because it's a cup tie and you never know. Slightly nervous I must admit, don't want a reverse of the Wotherspoon game a few years back. We'd need to have an off day for that to happen.

I'm not going to pretend I'm confident at the prospect of facing Hibs unless things change fairly drastically between now and then. I know we're in the process of rebuilding the squad but we really are fucking insipid at the moment. We played them at a similar point last season when we'd just made a load of changes to the squad and we ended up with egg on our faces.

We'll need a couple of big signings who'll be ready to hit the ground running, as well as Djoum and possibly Nicholson back, before I'll be ready to say otherwise.

I'm not even confident about the Raith game tbh. It feels like when we played Birkirkara and had to play Sammon up front on his own because we hadn't yet got round to signing the strikers we obviously needed. We're in the same situation now with Johnsen and Walker being our only proven attacking threats currently available.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

This will get messy.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:17, Elixir said:

On the bright side - I won't be at another game this season. quitegood.png

A consecutive seven-goal stuffing at Tynecastle in favour of the Hibs'd It Holders, regardless of which club wins the replay.

Either side will be a fitting tie for Hibernian's ***-Hammering Hampden Heroes & Scottish Cup Holders. We will either play the half-Hearted Raith Rovers, who sealed our Scottish Cup with their 'written in the stars' stats OR we will play a Hearts side that stepped aside when it was time for heroes - a time that Hibernian's Heroes are always fashionably late for...

csBVHtf.gif

qazBeTZ.gif

In all seriousness, I think we will be unbelievably unlucky to concede another filthy, cheating consolation penalty at Tynecastle; I can't see past seven or eight goals without reply. Beanzema will be allowed to stay on after scoring a brace; the saucy Jambo will hit his first hat-trick for Hibs, against Hearts at Tynecastle, on the anniversary of his frijol-flick which created the longest delay in #scenez ever seen.

Beanz
Meanz
Scenez

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

If we beat Raith we'll have Djoum, Rherras, Nicholson and Buaben available that were missing from today and hopefully another striker.  We'll do the business.

Good money spinner for Hibs though.

Rherras, Buaben and that wee rat Nicholson. Well fucking hold me back.

Archived