Queen of the South v Hibernian

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I would be surprised if Danny wasnt given the chance to make a point against Hibs. No chance Rankin or Thomson will be dropped IMO and cant see Jacobs being left out against Hibs. I presume Marshall will come back in if fit and there will be a question over Mercer or Hamill on the other side but I would be reasonably surprised if the formation changes. We shall see......

Wouldn't drop Jacobs out against anybody he has been most consistent player all season, very important player for us in the centre of the park. Think Naysmith should bring Hammil back in at RB tho and hopefully Marshall is fit.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having gone after Mercer I don't think he will drop him but there is a case for it given the ease in which Andy Stirling went past him (and others) on Saturday. If Boyle plays on the left as he did at home to DUFC the thought of that searing pace against Hamill would be a concern. Think he will stick with same set up with Marshall in for Higgy if he has recovered.

I hope we don't sit deep for entire match and concede full territorial advantage to Hibs. Don't want Danny marking Gray and Thomas marking Stevenson - hopefully it is the other way round.

Robinson

Mercer  Dowie Brownlie Marshall

Hamill Jacobs Rankin

Thomas                               Carmichael 

Dobbie

Bus parked but room to manoeuvre.

Depends on injury to Marshall.

5 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Robinson

Hamill Jacobs Rankin

Dobbie

You seriously want to leave out Thomson after the start he's had? 

7 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Robinson

Hamill Jacobs Rankin

Dobbie

What no Thomson??

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You seriously want to leave out Thomson after the start he's had? 

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What no Thomson??

I hear you guys and could easily swap Thomson for Carmichael. Was more thinking of the 3 in the centre and keeping it compact in there.

9 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

I hear you guys and could easily swap Thomson for Carmichael. Was more thinking of the 3 in the centre and keeping it compact in there.

Thomson would be nowhere near as effective on the wing as he is in the middle, or even as Carmichael would be.

Its only Monday so who knows, my preferred lineup may change by Saturday. No idea how long Marshall is out for either.

Would be interesting to see how you guys would lineup for Saturday. Thanks

32 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Its only Monday so who knows, my preferred lineup may change by Saturday. No idea how long Marshall is out for either.

Would be interesting to see how you guys would lineup for Saturday. Thanks

As I said, Id be surprised if the team changes from the last game, other than possibly Marshall for Higgins and/or Hamill for Mercer.

12 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I'd rather see Naysmith's line up.

I dont think he posts on here

49 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

How is Danny Carmichael getting on this season? I was really happy when we signed him and I was gutted it didn't work out for him with us but glad he's back with you guys as I think he is a cracking player.

Outside of him being signed injured in the middle of an injury crisis, he's started to get a decent amount of time and is getting the ball in dangerous positions more and more and showing some smart touches, especially when he and Dobbie link up. I'm not sure if he is 100% yet as he is unsurprisingly, after such  a bad groin injury, slower and less able to twist and turn as he perhaps used to, but he is a  smart player with a lovely first touch so I have faith in him to adapt to getting older.

In terms of form teams, Hibs then Morton is about as tough as it gets really and if we can get something out of either game I'd be satisfied. Our defence is still rather crap and playing long balls for Dobbie to chase isn't going to work, If we can get the ball on the deck and get Dobbie dictating play we might have a chance and seeing as we can't defend for shit we kind of have to push on to get a result. Though my overriding feeling is a comfortable away win.

Sort of fixture I'd have been wary of last season.  Lennon seems to know how to grind out important results though.  Hopefully see a similar team to that against Dundee Utd, 2 wingers with either Cummings up front 4-5-1 or Cummings and Holt 4-4-2.

Assuming no business done this week, I'd like to see Shinnie given one last chance behind the striker in the 4-2-3-1 we used against United.

He's been underwhelming to say the least but I reckon this system would suit him a lot better than what he's played in for us so far. If he still looks shite, he can be punted out for a new signing.

5 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Assuming no business done this week, I'd like to see Shinnie given one last chance behind the striker in the 4-2-3-1 we used against United.

He's been underwhelming to say the least but I reckon this system would suit him a lot better than what he's played in for us so far. If he still looks shite, he can be punted out for a new signing.

I'd quite like to see Keatings in the Commons role, same formation as the United game. Wouldn't be against Shinnie being in there though. 

Our away form this season is brilliant, Lennon knows how to grind out results in games like this. 1-0 Hibs, Cummings to get the goal.

I wouldn't mind either of them in the Commons role or even Keatings to be played on the left of the 3, then he can get to the byline and put a ball across! I thought Shinnie was good at the weekend, he looked a lot stronger, was involved in most of our forward play and he made himself more available for passes than anyone else on the park till Fyvie came on.  To be fair to him he has been decent when playing the attacking mid role where he can drift around behind the strikers, it was when we asked him to be more disciplined and play in the middle of the park beside Bartley that he totally flopped. 

Archived