Inverness Caledonian v Partick: Thistles do nicely

First Premiership game back after the break and it's a huge one for us, with Partick Thistle making the trip up to Inverness in a rematch of the opening day.
It's difficult to say how we'll line up as I'm not sure how serious the injuries to Meekings and Draper that saw them miss out yesterday are. If they are fit you'd assume they will both return. We also have Henri Anier in the squad now, he hasn't played since the end of the Swedish season so will probably be in the bench. We might see Leinster Amateur League superstar Dean Ebbe as well. The main man in the Elgin game was Larnell Cole, we will be looking to him for creative inspiration. Watching the (brief) highlights Doran might be key as well, he had a few good balls for Doumbaya to attack, which appears to be our main outlet for goals these days.
I'm hoping to go up for this. What are the Partick Thistle fans thinking about this, I assume you are pretty confident?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, not really. We've got a good record since promotion vs ICT but the bottom 7 are much of a muchness so this could go either way. Yesterday was good for getting a bit of match fitness but at the same time probably the least competitive match we'll have all year. Good to see our Dumbuya back but think he'll be eased back in, especially with Gordon and Elliott both able to play right back.

Inverness fans won't get to see / abuse Danny Devine on his return as he is suspended, along with Abdul Osman- if Liam Lindsay hasn't recovered then we could be very light at centre back.

Dumbaya >>> Doumbaya 8)

A game we should be winning really. No doubt Azeez will score a couple of goals but there'll only be around 300 away fans to witness them :rolleyes:

Scottish Cup winning hero Daniel Devine will be welcomed warmly by all right-thinking fans. The reactionaries who hounded him out of the club are reaping what they sowed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but he's suspended.

If Devine is suspended (:whistle), I wonder how we'll line up defensively. I'm assuming after Dumbuya's comments about being nowhere near full fitness, he'll not be starting in this one, and if Lindsay is still out it could be a makeshift as f**k back line.

Could be looking at:

Elliott - Gordon - Barton - Booth

Or possibly 3-5-2 again to offer more support to Gordon and Barton, but if Lindsay does miss out, the only other player I'd really have covering the third CB position would be Elliott, and if Dumbuya is on the bench, that won't even be an option.

In conclusion - Lindsay better be available.

I work beside someone who was in hospitality at the weekend and Lindsay was in pre-game doing the interview with Michael Max, think the plan is for Lindsay to play in a mask on Saturday. 

<gimp mask joke interlude>

It's better than him not playing, but I always think you can't be attacking the ball at full force when you've got one of those on, and it must affect your peripheral vision too. Hopefully Booth's achilles injury was just a kick on it and he'll be OK as well.

I will be attending this one. I am reasonably confident about this one as our recent league form has been good and Inverness's recent league form has not been great. I'm going for us bringing between 300-450 fans to the game. I don't know if Devine is suspended or not and I hope we have a new signing to go Into the team for this fixture. 

Archived