St Mirren v Falkirk 28/1/17

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I know the guy you're talking about, dresses like that at every single game. Often has a novelty hat on and his face painted.

I have to say I admire his dedication. It's good to have characters at the game.

Wisbit

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I know the guy you're talking about, dresses like that at every single game. Often has a novelty hat on and his face painted.

I have to say I admire his dedication. It's good to have characters at the game.

Div

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Any of you guys the Mr St Mirren I seen getting off the train at the ground yesterday just before KO?

Guy had the top on, a giant black and white check flag and scarf tied to his wrist :lol: 

He would've looked acceptable if this was a major game but for a run of the mill league fixture he looked a bit OTT

Derek superfan he's known as. No matter the temperature he wears Saints shirt, chequered flag, jesters hat and face paint. Usually comes into the Bankhouse on Gilmour St before games and if the usual boys are in for a session he gets a round of applause on entry. Story doing the rounds that instead of face paint he covered his face in shoe polish and was seen scrubbing furiously in some boozers toilet for ages without success:huh: 

On 1/28/2017 at 19:31, christinanade said:

A dismal game lacking in quality. Both teams hoofing the ball about aimlessly. Falkirk marginally the better team although both goals were blunders from the officials.

The throw in for the first goal came off a falkirk player last, regardless of where it was taken from. The second goal, aird was about ten feet offside before crossing for the goal. The most blatant offside I;ve ever seen. The linesman had an absolute shocker and seemed to crumble under the abuse from the crowd. At one point the ball went out for what was eventually given a falkirk corner. The linesman stood and waited for the ref to decide,before flagging for it himself, despite being about 2 feet away :huh: He did this with several decisions. You can understand mistakes, but this guy was out his depth and in wide eyed terror mode anytime he had to make a decision. Even the falkirk subs beside the goal were laughing at him when he gave that corner. And then of course there's sutton given offside in his own half :thumsup2

As for saints, cammy smith looks decent if only he could pass a ball instead of trying to beat five men. The rest of the new players looked awful and unsure of what position they were playing in. Storie caught too far upfield many times, leaving cbs exposed, but then the rest of the midfield didn't want the ball so can't be blamed. Norwegian chap looked to be played out of position and his throw ins are awful, but looks like he could be useful if played centrally. Sutton may have to be dropped if they are going to continually pump kickouts and throwins up to him as he doesn't win much in the air. There is pace up front now. The ball needs to be kept on the deck.

Should've gone to Specksavers mate. 

Archived