• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange game. Both sides seemed to totally dominate for spells and it was a scrappy end to end match (from us in particular). As a performance it was alright, lots of dig but not much quality. The defence, apart from the goal, were much better and I think that even Dixon had a pretty solid game.

Standard poor officiating from all sides and for both teams.

McKinnon should have used his last sub as the three behind Murray were clearly knackered in the last ten minutes. Zwick did pretty well (thank f**k).

Morris looked very dodgy again. Feel a lot more confident when we have Fordyce in there. Thought Geggan was really poor today. Not a bad game, and definitely happy to take the point. Nat Wedderburn is just fantastic.

Murdoch made a wonderful save from a free kick at the end, both teams had shots cleared off the line. United had more clear cut chances and looked really dangerous going forward. On another day we would have lost, but luck was on our side. Keeps the unbeaten run going for now!

Morris looked very dodgy again. Feel a lot more confident when we have Fordyce in there. Thought Geggan was really poor today. Not a bad game, and definitely happy to take the point. Nat Wedderburn is just fantastic.

Murdoch made a wonderful save from a free kick at the end, both teams had shots cleared off the line. United had more clear cut chances and looked really dangerous going forward. On another day we would have lost, but luck was on our side. Keeps the unbeaten run going for now!

Morris has a steady game then all of a sudden thinks he's baresi and takes people on. Fordyce is a bit slow but is steadier.

but Wedderburn was the best player on the park today. Was in total control in the middle of the park.

That seems to be a bit of a trend now. Wedderburn has been in the last couple teams of the week, a consistent and reliable performer for us.

Wedderburn and Flood were a joy to watch today. Murdoch done a great job. Nothing too exciting really, quite a frustrating game. Morris was having a total mare and I went fucking tits at him which forced my voice to break so fucking badly it was actually painful.

Thought it was a decent game actually with two teams who never settled for the point and who will be able to claim with some justification that they should have won.

As has happened in virtually every game against United for a while we were the better team and should have been ahead only for the Arabs to score with their first real attempt. It also looked like it was a bit of a sclaff that went nowhere near where he was aiming which is all the more galling. They then had a good spell with Morris bizarrely chesting the ball down on the penalty spot then standing with his arms outstretched as the ball was bouncing around - clearly Dallas knows it's just Dunfermline who get penalties and waved away the claims. 

We then got back into it and our goal was really well worked - a free kick played short then back to Higginbotham who they'd neglected to track, a good ball in and a good header. It was a shame to see Bell get injured but also good news for us albeit we never really tested Zwick when he came on. 

The rest of the match was quite strange - we seemed to play the better football and had some decent openings but didn't choose the right ball or couldn't play a good final pass, while United resorted to a lot of long diagonals and capitalised on a couple of ricochets and defensive errors with Murdoch having to make two or three really good saves. Both teams had shots scrambled clear and the subs made a bit of a difference - Murray had much better  movement than Mickelson or whatever his name is and posed a different problem and Reilly had a decent chance using his pace and got in behind a couple of times. The last 5 minutes or so though was all United with our defence falling further back and them shelling balls into the corners where our lack of pace was exposed. I was glad to get away from that spell without throwing away a well earned point. 

Overall I thought a draw was probably fair enough. It keeps our good run going and it stops United's run of losses so I guess both teams will be happy. A good performance and a point or better at Falkirk and it'll be a fantastic recent return after our dodgy start. And we're one point further ahead of St Mirren which is always handy.

I thoroughly enjoyed that game today. Vast amounts of commitment and not much skill. It was end to end with both teams having periods of play where a goal looked imminent. Draw was a fair result. Murdoch save from the free kick was immense, and probably what made him get MOM. Felt maybe Wedderburn deserved it though, an absolute machine.

Archived