Both teams' form has turned a little since our last meeting, the Pars now being on an unbeaten run stretching into double figures since that game. Dundee Utd receiving a hammering at the hands of Ross County in their most recent fixture.

Can the Pars extend that run and overcome the team which has beaten us no less than 4 times this season putting us out of two cups in the process?

Will we get 3 pens? Will we score any of them?!

Can we finally get at least a point from our ultimate nemesis?

East End Park. 28th January. Let's see....

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancy us to win. We let complacency get the better of us yesterday by giving away 2 cheap goals and we can't afford to regress into the old Pars of the first half of the season. 

AJ will have a headache with the squad selection. Would like to see us start with Fordyce at right back but Geggan will not be dropped. Morris has to start though; he's the best defender at the club. 

If we get a penalty, let AJ or Sammy the Tammy take it. 

2-1 Pars. Higginbotham and Clark with the goals. 

Going by recent results I'd say we stand a great chance at taking all three points in this one. More so if we can get a RB in before this game. 

I still fancy Pars to win this regardless though. 

really need to test their defense 12 goals against in three games is something to take hope from if we can find the net before they do I would say we could win this tie as United's moral must of taken a massive hit recently.

Team selection will be interesting after yesterday. Morris was dominant for most of the game, and will only get better with more match time so for me he has to start. I'm a fan of Ashcroft but he cost us the second on Saturday by ball watching - still think he'll keep his place alongside Morris but wouldn't be averse to Fordyce coming back in for him.

Martin wasn't great on Saturday (and still hasn't learned to keep his hands down when challenging for headers!) so he'll easily drop out for Talbot.

Joe came off the bench and grabbed a goal, but can't see him dislodging McMullan or Higgy. Think McMullan has been a bit poorer last couple of games so he needs a performance this week with Cardle waiting in the wings.

Moffat should also start ahead of Reilly. AJ likes Reilly though so he might keep his place.

The way our games have went against Utd this year though, we could play our full squad of players and still get beat!

Archived