Football Trivia

Just now, Arabdownunder said:

Liverpool-Roma in '84 was a penalty shootout and there were a bunch of Scots playing: Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Nicol. I'd guess one of them.

While not giving you that its narrowed it down enough.

Steve Nicol took the first penalty and skied it over the bar the night Grobbelar did his wobbly legs routine when Liverpool won the cup on Romas home ground.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which player has played in four World Cups but has never played in a World Cup Qualifier???

Take it you've given up on this one???

italian boy from my work is convinced its guiseppe bergaumi or something like that, never heard of him, so it could well be?

That's the fella, well done!!!

Have another...

Only four teams have won the English top league three times in a row, name them!!

This is an Only Connect-style question. Tell me the next item in the sequence please, and why.

2016 Real Madrid
2006 Juventus / Real Madrid
1996 Borussia Dortmund
1986 Dynamo Kyiv
1976 Bayern Munich
1966 Manchester United
1956 ???

As with Only Connect, you have to be quite specific (sorry for channeling Supras), I won't accept sequences such as they all come from Europe, they all won a trophy that year or they all have consonants in their name.

IMG_1485284741.596493.jpg

This isn't one of those dodgy ones either, completely legitimate. Left me fucking puzzled for a good wee while.

Luis Suarez???

Archived