Oldest players

Adamski

Fairly simple question but nobody could come up with an answer when we discussed it earlier today...

Who is the oldest currently active professional footballer in Scotland? Bonus points if anyone can suggest the oldest in England as well.

17 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Fairly simple question but nobody could come up with an answer when we discussed it earlier today...

Who is the oldest currently active professional footballer in Scotland? Bonus points if anyone can suggest the oldest in England as well.

Does that include part timers? Gordon Younie played a full 90 minutes for Rothes v Wick last season at the age of 55. They lost 7-0.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2015/10/15/two-rothes-trialists-with-a-combined-age-of-106-answer-sos-call-from-highland-league-outfit/

I should have clarified - I was primarily thinking about players at League 2 and above, and still regularly in or around the first team squad rather than filling in during an emergency. But all good stories welcome on this thread.

(As a bit of context, I was chatting about this with two friends today. Our ages are 40, 40, and 37, and we were wondering if there were any players still around in the Scottish or English leagues who were older than us.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 20:36, Adamski said:

Hi Adamski,

I don't have every DoB in my League One and League Two database yet but I have probably about 90% of them so I can't say this is absolutely correct but it should be most of them

Players born in the 1970's who have made a league appearance this season

1. Darren Dods (Brechin City) 07/06/75

2. Clint Hill (Rangers) 19/10/78

3.  Gary Naysmith (East Fife) 16/11/78

4. Frazer Wright (Stirling Albion) 01/05/79

5. Rudi Skacel (Raith Rovers) 17/07/79

6. Stuart Malcolm (Forfar Athletic) 30/08/79

7. Keith Lasley (Motherwell) 21/09/79

8. Jim Paterson (Stenhousemuir) 25/09/79

9. Aaron Hughes (Hearts) 08/11/79

10. Jamie Langfield (St. Mirren) 22/12/79

11. Kenny Miller (Rangers) 23/12/79

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hi Adamski,

I don't have every DoB in my League One and League Two database yet but I have probably about 90% of them so I can't say this is absolutely correct but it should be most of them

Players born in the 1970's who have made a league appearance this season

1. Darren Dods (Brechin City) 07/06/75

2. Clint Hill (Rangers) 19/10/78

3.  Gary Naysmith (East Fife) 16/11/78

4. Frazer Wright (Stirling Albion) 01/05/79

5. Rudi Skacel (Raith Rovers) 17/07/79

6. Stuart Malcolm (Forfar Athletic) 30/08/79

7. Keith Lasley (Motherwell) 21/09/79

8. Jim Paterson (Stenhousemuir) 25/09/79

9. Aaron Hughes (Hearts) 08/11/79

10. Jamie Langfield (St. Mirren) 22/12/79

11. Kenny Miller (Rangers) 23/12/79

Good knowledge! Exactly the sort of thing that I was looking for. Apart from the fact that these stats make me older than everyone apart from Darren Dods. Glory days. And I haven't quite figured out how Kenny Miller has managed to end up 3+ years my junior.

Thanks for that!

1 hour ago, Adamski said:

Good knowledge! Exactly the sort of thing that I was looking for. Apart from the fact that these stats make me older than everyone apart from Darren Dods. Glory days. And I haven't quite figured out how Kenny Miller has managed to end up 3+ years my junior.

Thanks for that!

At least you are younger than Darren Dods, I wish I could say the same!

Went through the 30 or so players I hadn't got round to getting date of births for and none of them fall into the above category so that should be the full list.

Archived